- User Name: Sephyre
- Member Since: Thursday, December 6, 2001, 6:33 AM
- Name: Chong Kwong Sheng
- Studio: ZeroVerge
- Location: Singapore, Singapore
- Homepage: http://www.zeroverge.com
- Last Login: 2012-12-26 05:19:22
- Forum Info: Profile Posts (2)
- Worthy Banners: 1 worthy banners
- Journal: Last entry made on 2002-05-27 09:33:26
- Usefulness: 106.7 with
[average 119.8 of 230898 opinions; standard deviation 432.9 ]
- Profile: The year was 1998. I started off playing MUDs (text based RPGs) moved on to FF7, and other RPGs of which most were on the Playstation my cousin owned. When I finally got cable television, I had the pleasure of seeing anime for the first time. But none really caught my attention until Rurouni Kenshin was broadcasted. I had a passion for sketching, but I sucked at it.
In 1999-2000, I saw Kusoyaro's Kyoto Kombat and Glory of Love AMV. I never really thought about it until now. Fiddled with Adobe Premiere 5.0 (yes 5.0, not 6.0) and came up with my first three videos with little or no effort on my part. No special effects, no proper lip syncing. Meanwhile, I helped out with Team Fragnetics at www.fragnetics.com on a real life mapping of a school into Counterstrike.
The year now is 2004. My personal website is up, sponsored by my father, who has been nothing less than supportive of everything I do and my mother who has put up with me for 21 years.
ZeroVerge is my creative outlet and was established in December 2001 officially. It means 'No Limit', and I believe the sky is the limit, only if you let it be.
I come from Singapore and to my knowledge, there are only four other creators out there in my country. I feel that the AMV rage hasn't reached SE Asia yet, but I hope it does soon. Or I'll be stuck having to not be able to attend AMV conventions.
To improve my editing skills, I hope those who download my videos would provide me with honest constructive critism for me to work on. And I hope you enjoy my work as I have in creating them. :) Cheers!