Anime Stores?

This forum is for informing everyone else about special deals on stuff to buy like DVDs, cheap hard drives, blank CDs on sale, etc.

Anime Stores?

Postby Wolfy2hk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:51 am

Does anyone know a store that sells anime stuff that isn't online, not that i dont like the internet and its advanteges but me and my family have a distrust of buying things online, so im just curious if anyone knows one or similar?
[Insert Sig <Here>]
Wolfy2hk

Re: Anime Stores?

Postby Pas » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:55 am

Wolfy2hk wrote:Does anyone know a store that sells anime stuff that isn't online, not that i dont like the internet and its advanteges but me and my family have a distrust of buying things online, so im just curious if anyone knows one or similar?

Are you willing to travel to Japan?
Pas
のヮの

Postby Wolfy2hk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:05 pm

:lol: hahahaha good one :twisted:
[Insert Sig <Here>]
Wolfy2hk

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:26 pm

There are specialty shops in cities all over the world - without giving us a location you're not going to get anywhere though.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Kariudo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:34 pm

Best Buy (the best selection of any retail store I've gone to)
Borders
Suncoast (if you can find any of em)

Occasionally, Target, K-Mart and Wal-Mart might have some (I was kinda mad when I saw RahXephon disks for $5 at K-Mart after I spent $20 a disk)

EBGames/Gamestop might have some in their dvd bins
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby ShatteredFlame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:42 pm

BestBuy
FYE{meh pretty pricey but has hard to dvds and stuff}
ShatteredFlame

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Yea - be a bit more clear about what you want as well... "anime stuff" isn't quite the same as "DVDs" - merchandise is a significant associated market.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Wolfy2hk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Well specifically DVD's i guess ill check my local retail store ie. Walmart :?
[Insert Sig <Here>]
Wolfy2hk

Postby wurpess » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:46 pm

I see TX in your location space. If that's the case, if you have a Hastings by you, they also have anime DVDs. That was usually where I got my fix when I lived in TX. *^_^*
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Postby Brad » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm

I can guarantee you if you're near any of the bigger cities (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio), there are stores that either specifically sell anime (DVDs + Merchandise) or comic stores that also dabble in anime stuff.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site
Brad

Postby CrackTheSky » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Fry's Electronics!
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls

Postby Ishbalan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:56 pm

They used to have a small selection at Target, but they were all titles whose names were so big that I knew them all (Ex. DBZ, GITS, FMA). That's gone now though.

The only place in San Antonio I use is Best Buy. If they fail to have what I need, I usually go to Amazon.com.

I do recall going to Circuit City once, but I cant remember how good their selection was. I don't know about Walmart.
Ishbalan

Postby CodeZTM » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:05 pm

wurpess wrote:I see TX in your location space. If that's the case, if you have a Hastings by you, they also have anime DVDs. That was usually where I got my fix when I lived in TX. *^_^*

God I want to murder Hastings... :evil:

They never have a complete series, and never get anything new in. I talked to a manager once to ask when we would get The Melencholy of Hauri Suzumiya or at least the rest of Tsubasas RC (they only had disc one), and he asked why I should care. I told him I'm an anime fan. He calls me a nerd.

/buisness

So now I'm stuck either with the internet or Best Buy in a local town. Though Best Buy is pretty reasonable. ^_^
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Wolfy2hk » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:21 pm

thx guys ill check out Bestbuy and Hastings when i get the chance
[Insert Sig <Here>]
Wolfy2hk

Postby wurpess » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:37 pm

CodeChrono wrote:
wurpess wrote:I see TX in your location space. If that's the case, if you have a Hastings by you, they also have anime DVDs. That was usually where I got my fix when I lived in TX. *^_^*

God I want to murder Hastings... :evil:

They never have a complete series, and never get anything new in. I talked to a manager once to ask when we would get The Melencholy of Hauri Suzumiya or at least the rest of Tsubasas RC (they only had disc one), and he asked why I should care. I told him I'm an anime fan. He calls me a nerd.

/buisness

So now I'm stuck either with the internet or Best Buy in a local town. Though Best Buy is pretty reasonable. ^_^

That sux. The one down the street from my apt in TX was ok. They usually had what I was looking for, and if they didn't, either they would in a week or 2 or they'd order it for me. *^_^* I guess there was more "nerds" in my area. :P
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Next

Return to Heads Up!