Yes, AMV Salad
(an updated version of what was once called AMV Hell 3.14
) is going for seconds!
Download the finished product now!
So far, the "tour" schedule for this series will be as follows.
* I plan on one video per year.
* Each video will premiere at Otakon
* The regular venues, barring any changes, also include NekoCon
, Anime Expo
, and AMA
. This list may expand.
Submissions are no longer being accepted!
This project will enter post-production on Sunday, June 1 of 2008
I may also make an early final call when and if the video nears the half-hour mark.
Yes, I think 30 minutes is a fair amount.
* 1. HAVE FUN! BE CREATIVE! Most of all, BE FUNNY
* 2. All entries must be under 30 seconds in length. You may submit a complete AMV, but PM me with any preference you may have about which part(s) you want to use.
* 3. Your video must meet the standards required for being uploaded to a-m-v.org
. Video source must be anime. No extreme graphic violence, nudity, or sexual content. The "PG-13
" standard is in effect here.
* If you are skilled enough to place moving anime characters on a live-action background (see AMV Hell 3
for examples), this is acceptable. On the same note, using real-life images within your clips (see "Something Fishy
" by JaddziaDax
) is also okay. Just don't let it overwhelm your production.
* 4. You can submit as many entries as you like, provided they are all different. Do not submit multiple entries that only have slight variations from each other.
* 5. Please refrain from publishing your clips to Yoo Toobe
or other such public video web sites until after the project goes live on the 'org. We kind of want to keep the contents of the final edit a surprise.
* 6. EVERYONE who enters this project will have at least one entry in the final compilation. The catch is you don't want to turn in just
one entry and have it be a mediocre video among the other great submissions. Show us your best effort.
* 7. No no NO SUBTITLES! The only
exception to this rule is if you inserted your own as a means of parody or left a line in to further express the point of your video. Just make sure that whatever subtitles you leave in run with the context of the sound source somehow.
* 8. NO watermarks of any kind! If you don't know how to remove that thing from playback yet, consult the Help files in the respective program (most often, it's DivX).
* 9. Plagiarism will NOT
be tolerated here! If you are found to have submitted the work of another producer without permission and credited yourself with its creation, you will be removed completely from the project AND reported to the 'org admins.
You may also send your unfinished "doomed to incompletion" AMVs for consideration.
If any more guidelines are needed, this list will be modified to include them.
Send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
(if your email server won't allow you to transfer large files) send a download link from http://www.megaupload.com
Be sure to send the highest quality version of your work possible. If you have the option of using DVD video rather than downloaded fansubs, please do so. Seriously.
* File formats which are acceptable are
(DivX or HuffyUV preferred)
(as an ABSOLUTE last resort - please render as DV-AVI).
* The final compilation will be shown on full-screen mode when presented, so...
- a frame rate of 29.97
aspect ratio (if possible)
are preferred as a standard for this project.
* Please, before you render your clips, add a second or two of blank video
at the beginning and end of your submissions. For some reason, the last second of video has been cutting off. I don't know if it's a codec problem or my media player, etc...but it would be most appreciated if you all could do this for me. I'll cut off the blank during post-production. Thanks in advance.
* Please render your clips to Progressive
(no interlace). If there is a problem with the visual quality, we'll discuss further options for remedying the situation.
* All smaller frame sizes will be resized to 640x480
, so please don't send in videos with resolution much
smaller than that or it will look... bad... when projected to a big screen.
* I don't mind if audio is uncompressed (wav
). If you for whatever reason decide to compress before sending your clip, please use LAMEmp3
(stereo; 128kbps). I typically go through VirtualDubMod
(I know this is a lot to swallow, but the end result will be spectacular...)
For a listing of inexpensive alternatives to Windows Movie Maker, refer to the following link:
(I personally recommend Sony Vegas 7
for those of you hooked on the WMM2 interface). If you're on a low budget, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 11
or higher is a good option.
I'm hoping to stir up interest, although I already have several producers already on board (hold-overs from AMV Salad). I'd like to bring many more to this sequel for a wider variety of styles and range of humor.
Producers I've received affirmative response from:
usa mimi productions
Erokodomo (Hourglass Productions) *
Who else is up for another round?