Dead End

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Dead End

Postby TriGGiT » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Image

[vidid=145512]

New video after another year of inactivity, all you need to know is written on the videos info page.
hope you all like this vid or at least give it a chance, constructive criticism is welcomed.

Would like to take a moment also to thank all the Beta testers specially JCD for all the help and advices in the editing of the video and the final product.

get it now!!!
User avatar
TriGGiT
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Location: Spain

Postby CrackTheSky » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Looks interesting...

/gets

Edit: Ehh...I liked it better when I'd seen the way it ended. Until then though, I didn't get it...but the concept was pretty cool once I saw it in its entirety. The main problem I had was the very minimal beat sync, especially to a song like this. The editing was very boring in my opinion, and didn't seem to fit very well with the music.

3/5 for good measure, but this coulda been waaaaay cooler.
Last edited by CrackTheSky on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CrackTheSky
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Status: Probably not editing.

Postby Magnus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Looks interesting...


indeed.

/downloads
User avatar
Magnus
Treasure this time
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Status: Extremely Handsome

Postby TriGGiT » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:45 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Looks interesting...

/gets

Edit: Ehh...I liked it better when I'd seen the way it ended. Until then though, I didn't get it...but the concept was pretty cool once I saw it in its entirety. The main problem I had was the very minimal beat sync, especially to a song like this. The editing was very boring in my opinion, and didn't seem to fit very well with the music.

3/5 for good measure, but this coulda been waaaaay cooler.


heh tastes... im getting some saying it should have been longer. True im not too fond of overwhelming the footage with flashes and other sorts of timings.
A video can always better i suppose, tnx for your coments.
User avatar
TriGGiT
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Location: Spain

Postby PX32 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 am

It's so refreshing to see something NOT beat-synced once in a while. I think it wouldn't fit to that kind of song anyway. It's rather relaxing. It really delivered a dream-like feeling to me. I also like your work with colors. You told me you added many filters so that the whole video looks more smoothly. It's because of that, that the Hero footage at the end of the video didn't seem strange.
The CG stuff in the middle (1:58 - 2:27) of your video is a little bit out of place. I don't like those waving images very much.

But anyway, good video :)
I like your editing style
User avatar
PX32
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2002
Location: Hamburg (Germany)

Postby yumi+chan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Ah well not really my taste I have to say, it's too.. abstract for me I think.
I really liked the part from 3'00 - 3'25 min though, loved how the colors change :)
User avatar
yumi+chan
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2004
Location: Germany

Postby TriGGiT » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:22 am

PX32 wrote:It's so refreshing to see something NOT beat-synced once in a while. I think it wouldn't fit to that kind of song anyway. It's rather relaxing. It really delivered a dream-like feeling to me. I also like your work with colors. You told me you added many filters so that the whole video looks more smoothly. It's because of that, that the Hero footage at the end of the video didn't seem strange.
The CG stuff in the middle (1:58 - 2:27) of your video is a little bit out of place. I don't like those waving images very much.

But anyway, good video :)
I like your editing style


tnx for the comments, it was very important to play with those colors like that since the live action footage really stands out.
The part that you mention was AE made only, well i made sure that those waving images did not seem too static.
tnx again.


yumi+chan wrote:Ah well not really my taste I have to say, it's too.. abstract for me I think.
I really liked the part from 3'00 - 3'25 min though, loved how the colors change

Yea abstract was probably the intention perhaps i exagerated dunno, like i wrote in the info page, the concept chosen became the perfect excuse.
thanks for the comments


note:I just noticed that i forgot to add original 3D art as part of the sources used, its on the info anyways.


Gracias por los comentarios :P
User avatar
TriGGiT
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Location: Spain

Postby Jnzk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:32 pm

Kinda neat. Actually I first thought I wouldn't like it, but something kept me watching. The atmosphere was very dream-like. It's a shameless effects fest, but somehow it works. :)

(When did you change your user name? Almost didn't recognize you at first. o.O)
User avatar
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Location: Finland

Postby TriGGiT » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:09 am

Janzki wrote:Kinda neat. Actually I first thought I wouldn't like it, but something kept me watching. The atmosphere was very dream-like. It's a shameless effects fest, but somehow it works. :)

(When did you change your user name? Almost didn't recognize you at first. o.O)


thanks glad you enjoyed it, i changed the nick a while ago i had changed it 2 other times before :? but its the last time i do this again, you gotta love the admins in this community, in another website they would have told to just start again :lol:
User avatar
TriGGiT
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Location: Spain

Postby JCD » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:28 am

bump :P

I think I pretty much agree with
PX32 wrote:It's so refreshing to see something NOT beat-synced once in a while. I think it wouldn't fit to that kind of song anyway. It's rather relaxing. It really delivered a dream-like feeling to me. I also like your work with colors. You told me you added many filters so that the whole video looks more smoothly. It's because of that, that the Hero footage at the end of the video didn't seem strange.


Great video :up:
Image
User avatar
JCD
Lord of the Dance
 
Joined: 21 Jan 2002
Location: New Zealand

Postby Falconone » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:26 am

It was really great.
At the beginning i ask myself, why is there a scenes from Hero? But later it was not so important. The cube was for me cool. I like the effects you used. Great job.
Image
User avatar
Falconone
get the Punch
 
Joined: 20 Jun 2004
Location: Passau, Germany
Status: the Time of AMVs ends... or not?

Postby Shazzy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 pm

I generally don't like "surreal" videos, because usually surreal = I halfassed a video by putting lots of shiny random clips together.

This, however, was better than I expected. It's interesting to watch from a purely visual point of view. Nice to see some fairly original effects. Not something I'd re-watch, but it's nice eye candy the first time around.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.
User avatar
Shazzy
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2004
Location: The Universe

Postby Warheart » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Impressive work, very impressive. I love the atmosphere. Suprisingly even the crossover anime/LA/game footagechoice worked. And well the effects look awesome, I assume you used blender for the cube ? Well, it's a real nice FreeArt (A)MV something that I've been aching to see more of on the org. Hopefully you'll make more videos like this I really enjoyed this one.

5/5
User avatar
Warheart
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Location: In Fiction
Status: Immersed

Postby TriGGiT » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 am

wow, i was almost sure this thread was way long gone, anyways onto the answers.

@JCD
I have to thank you once again for the beta test, those tips changed the final product.

@Falconone
tnx for the comments and the op glad you enjoyed it

@Shazzy
tnx a lot for your words.

@Warheart
thanks yea the atmosphere really works here, for the huge cube i used Cinema4D.
ill definitely be making this kind of mixed music videos more mostly because anime is not being enough and whats worst is that im finding it difficult to even watch anime anymore so to keep the interest i have to mix sources, and even start making my own, the big problem here is production time due to staying away from the old school editing.

thanks all for the comments.
User avatar
TriGGiT
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Location: Spain

Postby Streicher » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Seems I forgot to heit reply back then.

I liked most of it but not all.
Still very nice to see you're back and learned some new stuff.
Image
User avatar
Streicher
 
Joined: 21 Apr 2003

Next

Return to AMV Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests