THIS THREAD IS FOR CALM DISCUSSION OF RECENT TRANSGRESSIONS

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Postby Otohiko » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:31 am

Bah.

I had very nearly posted another, rather scathing thread on the subject.

I remain to be impressed with the administration's handling of things regardless of the current promises.

I would like to suggest that 1) the forum administration takes itself too seriously; 2) the forum administration does not take itself seriously enough; 3) the forum administration is inefficient.

You've been doing it all wrong guys. I hope you can improve the way you deal with this, but my perception is increasingly that forum administration is not being conducted in a businesslike, transparent and pragmatic fashion. I have seen plenty of assurances; I would like to see more fundamental changes in approach than talking to each other and revising ban rules. I hope to see the forum being administred in a way that relies less on policing and more direct involvement. Though each forum has its own unique issue, I have to say other forums that I am involved with have much healthier ways of dealing with and responding to conflict resolution and dissent - and with more confidence to boot. The fact that the administration here has suddenly gone defensive on the issue speaks volumes to some of the underlying issues.

It took very long to admit a problem with inefficiency - I hope it has been admitted not only on the level of this specific case but more broadly. I have been making subtle pokes, along with others, for a good 3 years now. Noone has listened until several members (myself included) stung on a clear precedent. It took a precedent to make you listen. And I hope this is another good place to sting:

Please take a more proactive and sympathetic approach to the forums. The forums are not the AMV database's bastard child, they're a functional part of the community that deserves beind dealt with in a healthy way with a healthy sense of reason. Furthermore, if your 'serious business' attitude has any grounding, please conduct administration in a more businesslike fashion. I'm baffled at how a forum can suffer from both under- and over-moderation at the same time. I'm not sure which one is the greater problem here.

I have no idea what is going on inside the administration, but I'm watching very carefully, hoping that you follow through with the intension of making things more efficient and fair.
Otohiko

Postby Lyrs » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:38 am

This is how Organizations are suppose to go about with PR. Here's some rules:

0. Ban/Fire the Whistle Blower
1. Deny that anything wrong was ever done.
2. Ignore any and all feedback.
3. Delete any and all related discussion
4. When complaints have reached mass level, get PR to release an "investigation"
5. Repeat step 2 and 3
6. ???
7. Profit

All that's left is steps---O.o
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
Lyrs

Postby JudgeHolden » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:54 am

Umm, as Godix pointed out ... it's only a week ... Maybe it would be a big deal if you have no life, but otherwise it a nothing punishment, a slap on the wrist. So, what's the big deal? It's not like he recieved the "Sammy" punishment .... :wink: He'll be back in a few days .....
ImageImageImageImage
JudgeHolden

Postby Cornwiggle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:58 am

JudgeHolden wrote:Umm, as Godix pointed out ... it's only a week ... Maybe it would be a big deal if you have no life, but otherwise it a nothing punishment, a slap on the wrist. So, what's the big deal? It's not like he recieved the "Sammy" punishment .... :wink: He'll be back in a few days .....

Isn't that like...the very thing I said in my first post?

I also agree, if it was forever, then we would have a valid argument.
¯\(°_o)/¯
Cornwiggle

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:07 am

JudgeHolden wrote:Umm, as Godix pointed out ... it's only a week ... Maybe it would be a big deal if you have no life, but otherwise it a nothing punishment, a slap on the wrist. So, what's the big deal? It's not like he recieved the "Sammy" punishment .... :wink: He'll be back in a few days .....

The ban was only the manifestation of the problem that this thread is about...
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Otohiko » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:37 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:

The ban was only the manifestation of the problem that this thread is about...

Bam! :wink:

I have confidence however. As of now I've had long, separate conversations on the subject with several of the mods. I'm glad they were all willing to listen, discuss and address questions; that's what we've been looking for here.
Otohiko

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Otohiko wrote:I'm glad they were all willing to listen, discuss and address questions; that's what we've been looking for here.

x2
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Autraya » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:17 am

Apparently the person in question (bp27) who was so bad in early posts is now a different person according to the names change thread.... most of your historically bad behaviour was supposedly a different person.
new banzors in the making :p
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Postby dokool » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:01 am

Autraya wrote:Apparently the person in question (bp27) who was so bad in early posts is now a different person according to the names change thread.... most of your historically bad behaviour was supposedly a different person.

Not necessarily, unless you can prove through IP addresses.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby Autraya » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 am

No I can't but... although their actual language and phrasing has changed and they are using less of :D :) :( :o :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :cry: :oops: :P :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: if you catch my drift as katie said they could be the same person as ch3slina. * shrugs* I don't know, but having seen that thread I thought I'd point it out, some time it's better to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I wouldn't like to see a memeber who has taken over someones profile be (for discussions sake) punished for things they didn't do.
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Postby Autraya » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:27 am

srry double post.
I should have said for some historical actions they didn't commit.
I'm not going defend their actions by the way I just think all aspects should be considered
Autraya
Zero Punctuation

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:49 am

Autraya wrote:No I can't but... although their actual language and phrasing has changed and they are using less of :D :) :( :o :lol: 8-) :? :shock: :cry: :oops: :P :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: if you catch my drift as katie said they could be the same person as ch3slina. * shrugs* I don't know, but having seen that thread I thought I'd point it out, some time it's better to give people the benefit of the doubt. And I wouldn't like to see a memeber who has taken over someones profile be (for discussions sake) punished for things they didn't do.

im still not sure about that...

and changing their name in a name change request will also change their name on past posts...
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby wurpess » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:26 pm

Autraya wrote:Apparently the person in question (bp27) who was so bad in early posts is now a different person according to the names change thread.... most of your historically bad behaviour was supposedly a different person.

I don't know. Even if it was a different person in the past, that doesn't excuse recent actions and rudeness. And besides, if you look at their org profile, it talks about recent events as well as the past events we were upset about using the same kind of words. And it links to recent posts as well as the past ones that were in their sig at one point. So I still think it was the same person in all instances. Whether or not they're also Chelsealina (sp?) is a different story.
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Postby Cornwiggle » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:28 pm

Shouldn't Godix be unbanned by now?
¯\(°_o)/¯
Cornwiggle

Postby Orwell » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:31 pm

NEVER FORGET!

(It was a week long ban.)
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help & Feedback