Don't miss out on this inpirational marvel!

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Don't miss out on this inpirational marvel!

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue May 24, 2005 5:34 am

Ok, so my thread title is a bit overboard, but then again, that's how I am most of the time anyway...

Well, I'm here in the Announcements section and believe it or not I actually do have a point in being here...

And that is to premiere to you all:

Look To The Stars

The anime in here is Voices of a Distant Star and She and Her Cat, two pieces that brought Makoto Shinkai to the world stage in anime. The song I used is "When I look to the sky" by Train, a composition of voice, instrument and heart.

Essentially, to summarise what I wrote in the download page, I have tried to capture very much as accurately as possible the feeling that is perpetuated all over VoaDS, and used SaHC as a medium to further my mission. There's quite a bit of imagery in this video, and almost every picture and scene has a meaning, whether or not it is apparent to you. To me this is particularly special no matter anyone's opinion because I've associated it with people in my life that have left me and became a better person through knowing them.

I guess in the end, I really just wanted to show through this video that there are distances accross the void that we cannot so easily cross and indeed could be an impossible venture. But one thing remains, and that is our hearts will be forever tied together beyond dream and memory.

Hope that you enjoy this video and that you find a special place for it in your own hearts. And please don't forget to leave an OP :wink:
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby OtakuForLife » Tue May 24, 2005 8:06 am

Loved the the middle bridge in the video with the radio static.
Though I did notice a couple of minor issues. But, I let people
find those on their own. 4/5 Good Job :)
OtakuForLife

Postby Infinity Squared » Tue May 24, 2005 8:37 am

:shock:

Radio static?!

Argh, I had meant for that to be the sounds of rain... I guess it's pretty easy to mistake that bit... oh wait... actually, :P you're right... there was radio static sound there except it was mixed in with the rain... I just realised how that could be so confusing :D

Similar sounds, so I guess it works :wink:
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Return to AMV Announcements