RahXephon <-> GAINAX !?

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.
User avatar
Wabz0r
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

RahXephon <-> GAINAX !?

Postby Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:31 pm

Image

Credits from the very last episode of RahXephon...

:? :?:

Have I missed something really important here? Did GAINAX have anything to do with the making of RahXephon?
(Sorry if this has been posted before :roll: )
Never underestimate newbie AMVers with one-button effects!!!!!11one

User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:32 pm

Gainax often do various bits of animation work. There's gainax credits on all sorts of things - Alien 9, Spirited Away etc etc.

User avatar
Wabz0r
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:35 pm

Had no idea :)
Does that mean GAINAX didn't create Eva on their own?
Never underestimate newbie AMVers with one-button effects!!!!!11one

User avatar
Kai Stromler
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:35 am
Location: back in the USSA
Org Profile

Postby Kai Stromler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:54 pm

no; the credit you show above just means that Gainax, like the other studios listed around it, needed a little cash and Bones had some animation that needed to be done pronto, so they took it on as a subcontract.

Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

User avatar
Savia
Chocolate teapot
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Savia » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:02 pm

By the way, a good (and extremely entertaining) way of finding out about how animation studios do their thing is to track down the one-off OVA 'Animation Runner Kuromi-Chan'. Very, very funny and actually quite informative too.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Alucard_FoN
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:01 pm
Org Profile

Postby Alucard_FoN » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:35 pm

Kai Stromler wrote:Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.


Yes and those people are obviously not the hsarpest tools in the shed because RahXephon is totally different than Eva.

User avatar
Wabz0r
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:30 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:47 pm

Alucard_FoN wrote:
Kai Stromler wrote:Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.


Yes and those people are obviously not the hsarpest tools in the shed because RahXephon is totally different than Eva.


Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:
Never underestimate newbie AMVers with one-button effects!!!!!11one

User avatar
Kai Stromler
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:35 am
Location: back in the USSA
Org Profile

Postby Kai Stromler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:55 pm

Wabz0r wrote:
Alucard_FoN wrote:
Kai Stromler wrote:Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.


Yes and those people are obviously not the hsarpest tools in the shed because RahXephon is totally different than Eva.


Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:


peripherally.......RX started off with major rip-off overtones, then sort of fixed itself in the middle, but for lack of a better way of ending itself defaulted straight into Eva mode at the end.....though Ayato's choice turns out the opposite of Shinji's.

The exterior fittings are different in many places, but structurally, the similarities between RX and Eva greatly outweigh the differences.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

User avatar
the Black Monarch
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:29 am
Location: The Stellar Converter on Meklon IV
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby the Black Monarch » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:45 pm

Wabz0r wrote:Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:


The first 2 eps are all that I've seen... lol.
The only .org member to donate $1,500 and still have a donation status of "total leech"


Return to “General Anime”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest