Database modification ?

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Database modification ?

Postby WilLoW :--) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:46 am

Is it planned to change the database structure so that it allows mutiple creators for an AMV ?

(There seems to be more and more of this kind of AMVs...)
WilLoW :--)

Postby Eek-1 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:27 am

I think all it need is one field in the amv table that point to which user ids own to a which amv.
Eek-1

Postby ZeWrestler » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:26 am

I think a collaboration idea would be really good with the growing number of people who worked on vids together, ex: ddr

something where one of them enters teh vid info and when entering it, they click on something like, "worked on with other creators" and list them, then when the video pops up, the other creators will get credit for it and be able to read opinions left for the video.

ZeWrestler
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby WilLoW :--) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:36 am

yep.

Technically speaking, n*n relation instead of 1*n (between creators/Video) would be great...

Postby The Wired Knight » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:17 pm

Thus far I think the only thing people are doing who worked together on a video is to both ad it to their log of videos. It would be ikind of difficult to find another method.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby WilLoW :--) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:25 pm

??? that's why I suggested a db change.

Because the current system isn't good enough

Postby ZeWrestler » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:36 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Thus far I think the only thing people are doing who worked together on a video is to both ad it to their log of videos. It would be ikind of difficult to find another method.

yeah i've seen them do that a few times.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Postby Phade » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:29 pm

Hey WilLoW :--),

The plan is still there. It's just not high up on the priority list. When we finally get the programmers group orginized, things should more more quickly.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby WilLoW :--) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:22 pm

Hu, sorry, I hadn't read the To-Do list :oops:

Return to Site Help & Feedback