2 quick qestions from a newbie

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

2 quick qestions from a newbie

Post by JazzyDJ » Thu May 10, 2007 2:40 am

Hellow everyone! I'm new here but I am very creatively driven and I admire the work done by you guys and girls. I'm currently working on a video and it's taking me a long time because I am so particular and picky with what I do. I also don't know everything I need to know. I am using Vegas 5.0 and I had 2 questions....

How do I create a strobe light effect for a scene during a rythmic fill/riff in the song? It's a rock song and it has a big heavy climb into the final chorus. (I believe this is also known as a bridge.) That is where I want to the footage to flash like a strobe light to match the song.

Also, does anyone know where I can get the Mpeg plug in for Vegas 5.0? I have alot of encoded footage into Mpeg and it's high quality but I can't use it unless I re-encode it into WMV. And when I do that I lose a little bit of quality. Know where I can download this plug in? (Also will a newer version like 6.0 or 7.0 plugin work?)

Thanks everyone! I hope to get to know you all better in the future! :)
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu May 10, 2007 2:45 am

1. This should be in the "Other Video Editing Systems" Help forum.

2. To make a strobe light effect, use MS Paint or something similar to make a white .png, .jpg, .whatever and import that into Vegas, then cut it real short and insert it in between the other clips.

3. Don't edit with MPEG or .wmv. Read this guide to learn how to get correctly-encoded footage for editing your AMVs, as editing with either MPEG or .wmv is not a good idea.

4. Welcome to the .org!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu May 10, 2007 6:29 am

CrackTheSky wrote:2. To make a strobe light effect, use MS Paint or something similar to make a white .png, .jpg, .whatever and import that into Vegas, then cut it real short and insert it in between the other clips.
why not just use the "media generators"? im sure that there are solid colors in there that they can use O.o

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu May 10, 2007 7:17 am

Maybe,
but there was a function to insert colour frames in Vegas directly without additional files. I just don´t remember where it is because I´m not using Vegas any more.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Thu May 10, 2007 7:26 am

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Thu May 10, 2007 8:10 am

Thanks for the quick answers guys!

So I shouldn't edit using Mpeg or WMV, but in the tutorial I've also seen that you should never edit using Xvid or DivX either.... what IS a good format to edit with?? :?: That leaves only MKV (which stinks IMHO), AVI (large file+lousy pixel quality), or real player. And I KNOW Real Player is no format to make video's with! :wink:

FYI I am ripping footage from a DVD. I'm using DVD2AVI, Virutualdub, and TmpegINC as my conversion tools.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu May 10, 2007 8:12 am

edit with AVI w/ lagarith or huffyuv codec
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Thu May 10, 2007 8:14 am

Another option that I personally prefer is editing with AVS files using fakeavi's as described here

Return to “Video Editing Software”