Otakuthon's First AMV contest/ One month left

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
savage_d
Org Profile

Otakuthon's First AMV contest/ One month left

Post by savage_d » Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 am

Otakuthon 2007 will hold its first ever AMV Contest! We are currently looking for Anime Music Videos (AMVs) for both competitive and non-competitive screenings during the convention.

We are also looking action, drama, comedy, special effects and original AMVs as we choose the winner and also a special category for the worst video you can make.

AMV Oscars Show
Come to the AMV Oscars as some of you favorite anime characters present the winning awards for each category. Join our host as they show you the best of the best and give out to the AMV makers their just deserts.

Rules and Submission policies:http://www.otakuthon.com/en/rules_amv.html
Deadline to submit ANY video is Sunday, June 30th, 2007
Last edited by savage_d on Thu May 31, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 09, 2007 10:02 am

May I suggest that "Effects" and "Originality" be special awards that everyone's eligible for rather than categories of their own?

Also, is your audience going to be able to sit through a whole category devoted to intentionally bad AMVs?
AMVs submitted for non-competitive screenings will be shown at various times throughout the convention. Theses AMVs do not need to be original works.
For those that aren't original, shouldn't you at least get permission from whoever <i>did</i> make them?

And finally, who's determining the winners: judges, a fan vote, or both?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

savage_d
Org Profile

Post by savage_d » Wed May 09, 2007 10:10 am

Q: And finally, who's determining the winners: judges, a fan vote, or both?

A combination of both

Q: Also, is your audience going to be able to sit through a whole category devoted to intentionally bad AMVs?

no they will never see the light of day, just the judges will see them and a winner will be annouced at the oscars

Q: For those that aren't original, shouldn't you at least get permission from whoever did make them?

When i say original i mean like an idea that hasnt been used so many times before, all submission for the contest must be made by the submitter

Q: May I suggest that "Effects" and "Originality" be special awards that everyone's eligible for rather than categories of their own?

after we have received all the amvs we will go through them all, if we find a action amv that had great effects or originality but action wasnt that great we will bump it into another category

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 am

Scintilla wrote:

Also, is your audience going to be able to sit through a whole category devoted to intentionally bad AMVs?
Well, at Anime Detour we have entire contest devoted to the worst AMVs you can make called the WTF .... It draws such a huge crowd that it was moved to the main events hall, I think the turnout for it was around 1,000 people (The place was packed). And they loved it, because booing and the like are allowed. And some of the videos were so bad, that they are classics ... like the Star Wars / trigun / eva video. :P

JH

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 09, 2007 10:36 am

XD aparently my video got Boo-ed at AD-WTF

D-chan ^_*
Org Profile

Post by D-chan ^_* » Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am

Haha i like the idea of showing the absolute worst (i good fun, of course LOL). Congrats to the large turn-out!
The Asian Karaoke Idol Invitational (TAKII), http://takii.pdnmz.com, the world's most extreme Asian culture fusion festival!

savage_d
Org Profile

Post by savage_d » Wed May 09, 2007 10:48 am

that would sound fun, ill see how the turnout goes this year and may try it the next

Banass
Org Profile

Re: Otakuthon's First AMV contest

Post by Banass » Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 am

savage_d wrote:... and also a special category for the worst video you can make.

A youtube user contest, uh?
I'm French Canadian. You should be honored.......

savage_d
Org Profile

Post by savage_d » Tue May 15, 2007 12:20 am

well i made this to help adverstise the competition and to help people know what we are looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGT8NEzpGI

pyrolord
Org Profile

boo-ed

Post by pyrolord » Wed May 23, 2007 11:38 am

JaddziaDax wrote:XD aparently my video got Boo-ed at AD-WTF
Sorry Jaddzia, My video is the one that boo-ed. 8-) It was so terrible, I was also booing it.

Now I am curious, which video was yours at the WTF?

Return to “AMV Contests”