White Flash Transitions

ShadowXSSSR
Org Profile

White Flash Transitions

Post by ShadowXSSSR » Sat May 05, 2007 1:37 pm

Hello, I'm using Sony Vegas 7 and I'm trying to make a music video. I've seen majority of amv's have this quick white flash effect and I was wondering how you can do it. Thanks in advance.
NARUTO PWNS YOU

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat May 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Generic procedure meant for any NLE:

Make a white color matte.
Insert the matte at the point where you want the flash, in a video track higher than the one containing your "main" video clip at that point.
Keyframe its opacity/transparency to have it quickly fade in and then quickly fade back out.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ShadowXSSSR
Org Profile

Post by ShadowXSSSR » Sat May 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Sorry to be a noob, but how would I keyframe its opacity/transparency?
NARUTO PWNS YOU

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat May 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Check the section of the manual that deals with opacity or transparency settings? I've never used Vegas, which is why my procedure wasn't more specific.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat May 05, 2007 2:14 pm

You could also use one of Vegas's built-in 'white flash' transistions. At the bottom left, click on the tab that says 'Transitions'. Drag the two clips on the timeline that you want to transition between together so that there's a crossfade between them, and then drag the white flash transition from the transition list onto the crossfade.

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Wed May 09, 2007 12:14 am

I'm a newb to so I'm not quite sure if this is how to do the effect I'm looking for. What I am trying to do is create a strobe light effect during a quick brief scene to synch up with a rythim fill riff in the song.

Is this how I do that? What is the easiest way to do that? Does vegas have a special effect already packaged in for this? Thanks everyone!
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

Return to “Video Editing Software”