May 15th.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu May 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Corran wrote:In addition to what has already been mentioned:

America seems to have a fixation that gas consumption = crude oil consumption but there is a much larger picture of gas + plastics + lubricants + polyester + some medications + et cetera, et cetera = crude oil consumption...

Gas is certainly a major product, but there is a lot more to consider.
All I got out of this post was the word "lubricants".
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu May 03, 2007 10:19 pm

If the oil companies didn't do everything in their power to hamper the development and production of alternate means of power, such as Hydrogen cell, Electric and using water as a fuel source, then we wouldn't have this problem ;p

Instead we would see a shortage of water, drought would ensue as big SUV and Trucks suck up all our water reserves, and the price of water would go up from $6 a gallon to $20 a gallon. Gas companies would go out of business causing mass unemployment and third world countries going deeper into poverty since their main export of Oil is no longer profitable. Either way we loose ;p

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu May 03, 2007 10:26 pm

In response to the idea of Hydrogen creating polution,

there is development in the works on a way to generate Hydrogen from water in the car itself. It has already been done, but its just not fast enough to work in real practice currently. It needs optimization. Idealy instead of pumping gas (or hydrogen for that matter) into the car, you'd be pumping water instead. The car would then seperate the Hydrogen from the oxygen to burn as fuel and then recycle whatever resulting water from that combustion to use all over again.

(which makes my previous post on shortage of water somewhat misplaced, but that was full of sarcasm anyway ;p )

Return to “General Discussion”