Awakened

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu May 03, 2007 6:23 am

I like the concept and the use of the incredibly smooth framerate, but this video is pretty bumpy the first couple watches. Not just because the footage is shaking around, but there so much strange movement sync that it's hard to concentrate on what exactly it is syncing to. After watching it a few times I can see the sync more clearly, but the first watch had points that worked and others that just lost me. But besides that, keep up your line of effect and vid ideas. There was definitely some originality in this one, but maybe too many ideas for one vid. Keep at it!

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Thu May 03, 2007 7:10 am

kisanzi wrote:I like the concept and the use of the incredibly smooth framerate, but this video is pretty bumpy the first couple watches. Not just because the footage is shaking around, but there so much strange movement sync that it's hard to concentrate on what exactly it is syncing to.
That's pretty much the reason why I didn't like this too much. Can't see what the fuck is going on.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Thu May 03, 2007 9:00 pm

kisanzi uber-quoted wrote:I like the concept, smooth framerate. bumpy the first couple watches. After watching it a few times I can see the sync more clearly. keep up your line of effect and vid ideas, originality in this one, but maybe too many ideas for one vid. Keep at it!
Sweet--you liked the concept :P, and saw the sync... it just took a couple watches lol. Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone could 'get' this vid the first time around. Maybe too much is going on, but I think it's mainly because the sync isn't really beat based [...whatever terminology you want to use...]. So thanks for the comments, and feedback.
Esrhan wrote:That's pretty much the reason why I didn't like this too much. Can't see what the fuck is going on.
well that's fine, like I said, I would be surprised if anyone would 'get' it the first time around. There is a concept in there [playing on the title], and the sync just takes some getting used to [since it's not beat-based]. I can't make you watch it again, but I know at least a few amv's that are drastically better the more you watch them.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Thu May 03, 2007 9:32 pm

Nice vid, it felt very...distinct. The action synch was well done. Good work! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”