AMV Logo Contest

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

AMV Logo Contest

Post by SQ » Thu May 03, 2007 4:08 pm

DESCUZ.

There are some pretty nice ones, this year.

Well, there are nice ones every year, but I think we got some more graphic designers this go-round.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Thu May 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Orwell wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen a logo that looks like this with the exact same set of bars for... I want to say Last FM, but I don't think that's it.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Thu May 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Orwell wrote:
Orwell wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen a logo that looks like this with the exact same set of bars for... I want to say Last FM, but I don't think that's it.
Looks like the site should be selling cellphone service with that logo.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:07 pm

I don't really like flashy logos : /
I checked them out, there was only like 3 i liked.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Thu May 03, 2007 8:39 pm

169 is probably my favorite. It's a nice throwback to the old see-note logo, but with a more modern feel. And surprisingly, it scales down to the banner height rather well.

Hm, so how come we're discussing this here instead in the announcement thread? So we can bash all we want? :P

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu May 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Because I didn't think about the announcement thread until after I made this thread.

But so we can bash all we want is a good rebuttal, yes.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu May 03, 2007 9:12 pm

I think everyone should for for the <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d=179">cum stain</a>. If you think about it, it's a perfect symbol for the org. The forgotten leftover results of joy left around to dry up and disgust people who stumble into it long after everyone involved has forgotten the fun of the experience. Plus, in the end, it's just a sad reminder that no matter how much fun it was at the time it totally failed to spark the new life into things that is the entire point of this particular exercise in futility. So yeah, vote for the splattered jizz.
Hm, so how come we're discussing this here instead in the announcement thread? So we can bash all we want?
Because the above sentiment was already posted, and deleted, from the announcement thread.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu May 03, 2007 9:16 pm

godix wrote:I think everyone should for for the <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d=179">cum stain</a>. If you think about it, it's a perfect symbol for the org. The forgotten leftover results of joy left around to dry up and disgust people who stumble into it long after everyone involved has forgotten the fun of the experience. Plus, in the end, it's just a sad reminder that no matter how much fun it was at the time it totally failed to spark the new life into things that is the entire point of this particular exercise in futility. So yeah, vote for the splattered jizz.
Hm, so how come we're discussing this here instead in the announcement thread? So we can bash all we want?
Because the above sentiment was already posted, and deleted, from the announcement thread.
Just how evil do you have to be to have black semen?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu May 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Ileia wrote:Just how evil do you have to be to have black semen?
There's an incredibly obvious and racist joke to be made here and for some reason I'm not making it. I don't know why I'm not though. It's odd, I WANT to make a joke about drug dealing gangsters, African mass murdering warlords, Nelson Mandela, and other examples of evil incarnated as a black person but it's like there's this little voice in my head going 'dude, you don't wanna say that shit. People will take it wrong'. I have no idea where that voice comes from. First time in my fucking life I've heard it. I'm starting to wonder if I'm becoming schizophrenic or something.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu May 03, 2007 9:59 pm

godix wrote: but it's like there's this little voice in my head going 'dude, you don't wanna say that shit. People will take it wrong'. I have no idea where that voice comes from. First time in my fucking life I've heard it. I'm starting to wonder if I'm becoming schizophrenic or something.
Oh cool. There was this big search going on in my head looking for a missing voice, but I'll have to tell them to call it off because you found it. *^_^*

As for the logos. . .. :uhoh: . . .. .mine suck. WEHOO!!! East Coast Suckage all the way!!!! *^_^* But I agree with Krisqo, some of them look like they belong on some super corporate conglomerate stationary.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”