Upload clips from two episodes....

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
sharinganuser55
Org Profile

Upload clips from two episodes....

Post by sharinganuser55 » Wed May 02, 2007 3:42 pm

Okay.... ill try to explain this. You know when you upload an episode, it takes a few minutes, and uploads all the clips? Well, in most amv's, the amv has many episodes in it, and I imaging uploading each different set of clips would be time-consuming... so im wondering if its possible to upload clips from multiple episodes on to windows movie maker. Tell me if I didnt make that clear enough.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 02, 2007 4:01 pm

okay i am guessing youre talking about importing video into windows movie maker...

most "capture" and import is time consuming, if you know what parts of what episodes you want to use you can use virtualdub to capture the clips you want then import them individually into windows movie maker:
JaddziaDax wrote:open the video file in virtualdub mod go to video->compression->Huffyuv

then go to file->save

use those to mark the beginning and the end of the "clips" you want so you can save room

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 02, 2007 4:02 pm

ps. but that will also take alot of time

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:ps. but that will also take alot of time
For my last video I tried to do that, but Vdub wouldn't capture what I needed, it would always capture the wrong part (when I when I marked it) so I just took notes on the episode and imported the full episode into WMM and found it that way. I also made clips so I wouldn't have to copy and paste all the time or go through the entire episode. Once I found what I needed it was pretty easy to get to the clips.

sharinganuser55
Org Profile

Post by sharinganuser55 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Let me try to explain a bit more... when you upload videos, it has around 100 clips right? If you want to switch videos you have to import another episode which then replaces the one you just had imported. Is there anyway to import them all without switching?

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed May 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Create multiple collections in WMM?

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed May 02, 2007 9:42 pm

Yah, I think he just doesn't know how to access his diffrent things that hold clips.

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 pm

when you "add" footage to wmm it doesn't replace anything.

Click the "collections" tab which is next to the "task" tab and everything you impored should be there in a list on your left hand side

AkiraBlaid
Org Profile

Post by AkiraBlaid » Mon May 07, 2007 11:38 am

Using WMM2 or even 1 it should save the clips you import... but if you know your footage well the other option is to, when importing, uncheck the option to make clips. It'll import the video into your collections as one clip and then you've gotta go in and find/slice the part you want by hand, but at least it's faster.
DAS

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”