Windows Movie Maker effects.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:31 pm

for ur reverse thing go here rehanfx.org about ur flash thingy...if u showed a clip or a pic i could understand better maybe u could split a clip one second in a vid and then do brightness increase or fade in from white

xmissayumix
Org Profile

Post by xmissayumix » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 pm

You could cut the clip to match the song and put a fade out black, that's what I do to get flashes, but it is hard, since my WMM is breaking down on me right now :cry:

hempparulaa
Org Profile

XML...

Post by hempparulaa » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:53 am

kiaraiskiara wrote:Yey! Really?

I need to look into that, thank you so much! : D

For my latest idea the strobe/skip effect is really important. (Techno song : P )

I'm going to the Premere subforum to ask around, thank you again! x3
You can make one with XML - There is plenty of guides around internet.
(XML is programming language)

jnsparrow
Org Profile

Post by jnsparrow » Tue May 01, 2007 12:50 pm

You can make a flashing strobelight effect by cutting up a scene and using the Fade out/in to/from white effect on each cut up piece ... the smaller the cut up scenes the faster the strobe light effect.

It works well for me :)

AkiraBlaid
Org Profile

Post by AkiraBlaid » Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 am

With WMM2 I always used the frame advance tool to go one frame ahead and then cut, making the clip defined as only one frame.
DAS

Alice19
Org Profile

Post by Alice19 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:54 pm

As many people have said, to get the flashing strobe effect I just advance one keyframe ahead and add a fade. (It works. Trust me. I've made consecutive flashes to fast beats) As for to reverse a video, you can always render the clip you want reversed from WMM in avi format and import it into Virtual Dub,(completely free program that helps you with compressing, cropping, watermarking, etc.) There, you can just add the reverse effect onto the clip. The problem with this method is that that tiny clip will take up alot of space in your hardrive and can be a bit time consuming. But on WMM itself, there is no real way to reverse a clip as far as I know. Well, hope it at turns out ok in the end ~AmouIsrafel

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”