Video Game Project 4 - Release date: Oct 24

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Classes are gonna be kicking my ass this week and next monday so I may do the beta check a little later than scheduled.. :x
after acen??

*crosses fingers*

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 am

HHhhmm... :o

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:01 am

Castor, your url takes me to a spam portal :\

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:50 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Classes are gonna be kicking my ass this week and next monday so I may do the beta check a little later than scheduled.. :x
Well that's a relief for me, I'm stressed as hell this week with trying to get a million things done at once before Friday. I might be a little late to get my concept done but it will get there.

Plus I still need to figure out how the hell to rip Gamecube games so I don't have to play Skies of Arcadia over from scratch with a camera attached to my system.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Castor, your url takes me to a spam portal :\
Fixed.. :x

Don't worry about anything too much guys, I think real life is kicking all of our asses as of late.

I'll be sending out individual pm's to everyone sometime after next wednesday. Ripping GC games is an extremely complicated process and I can't even understand it. I think it involves hacking Phantasy Star online and networking the cube to your pc with the network adaptor.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:Castor, your url takes me to a spam portal :\
Fixed.. :x

Don't worry about anything too much guys, I think real life is kicking all of our asses as of late.

I'll be sending out individual pm's to everyone sometime after next wednesday. Ripping GC games is an extremely complicated process and I can't even understand it. I think it involves hacking Phantasy Star online and networking the cube to your pc with the network adaptor.

WTF?!

Ok, time to pull out the video camera, that sounds like less of a hastle
BANG

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:04 pm

w00t! FallChild42 has finished his track and the page has been updated accordingly.
http://www.vg-projects.com/vg4/

The new beta deadline is May 2nd and there's some new goodies on the ftp. PM me for access since that's where you'll be uploading your betas and mpeg2s.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu May 24, 2007 12:14 pm

So what's going on now? Haven't had an update in a while and I remember you said you had to push the beta deadline.

Progress updated on me real fast, I'm busy caputring Skies Footage right now, slow process since I have to record it to my camera first then move it to teh computer but it's getting there. Knowing my trackrecord I'll have the video done before Anime Expo.
BANG

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu May 24, 2007 1:28 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:So what's going on now? Haven't had an update in a while and I remember you said you had to push the beta deadline.

Progress updated on me real fast, I'm busy caputring Skies Footage right now, slow process since I have to record it to my camera first then move it to teh computer but it's getting there. Knowing my trackrecord I'll have the video done before Anime Expo.
Things are looking pretty good so far. Been receiving quite a few betas. I'll be doing a progress check next week for the editors who I haven't contacted for a while.

So far I got the project a spot at AWA although I dunno what time/day it will be showing.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Ok so I've got a problem; turns out the footage I captured to my computer is no good. Due to teh screwy method one ahs to go about getting GC footage I recorded it to my camera and then used Vdub to get the footage off of it onto my computer.

However, while this seems to have rendered decent AVIs the files work for shit on my computer. Everytime I work with it in premiere it typically crashes before I can even get one clip in. (This is not the case for the Last Exile footage I'm using). I can't figure otu what's wrong and I KNOW it's not the file size because the largest one is only 37 megs.

So I can only see three options

1. Make a video that uses NO video game footage (I'd rather not do this as it doesn't make sense considering the project)

2. Find another way to get the footage; however this means I have to find DVDs that can get to me ASAP or somethign else that has to be very fast and still efficient.

3. Drop out of the project alltogether.

Need input on this one because I'm at an impase; I've got 40 seconds done but nothing else because I cannot proceed with how AP is acting up.
BANG

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”