10000 posts ago...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

10000 posts ago...

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Otohiko wrote:Ah! The topic I have been looking for...

I'll avoid the technicalities and ask the most direct question now - (sorry if it's been answered before, I'm new here) - from a seasoned AMV-maker's point of view, what would be the best estimate for man/hours required to produce a minute of AMV video? I don't want to generalize, but time is the biggest question at hand for me.
That's my first post on the .org almost exactly 4 years ago.

Man, I was such an asshole when I got on here. :lol:

Not much of a discussion perhaps, but I should like to thank you folks for a good time. If it wasn't for the .org forums and the peoples on it (even if some come and go), I wouldn't have stayed on the site for longer than a day, and certainly never would've attempted making AMVs.

...wait, maybe that'd be a good thing :roll:

Anyway, the .org was a pretty awesome forum to hang out for all these years, thanks to everyone who's kept it up that way. Keep putting out!

/post #10001
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:26 pm

EarthCurrent wrote: :?
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:26 pm

congrats ...i'm past 800 and i'v only been on for like 2 years though, guess that means i talk too much : /

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:31 pm

Been active for just over a year now and I'm up to a little over 1200... but 10,000? What the fuck do you do with your life Oto?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Krisqo wrote:Been active for just over a year now and I'm up to a little over 1200... but 10,000? What the fuck do you do with your life Oto?
Oh, study, have overly-long conversations about nothing, walk around random streets and hills.
And lack sex.

I'm sure there's a connection somewhere :roll:

I guess I'm just known for loyalty once I get into something. And I got pretty cosy here at the .org.
It's also the fact that forums as a communication/procrastination method are well suited for me (unlike a wild range of other things people do online - including online gaming, chat rooms, or even IM except to a small circle of people).
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm

OH!~ that's 10,000! i thought it was 1000 .....dayum boi

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Does it count if half the post were mornington crescent?

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Seriously though, I notice that the names on the first page haven't really changed over the last few years but damn; you, angel and Scintilla sure have created a fair sized lead.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:14 pm

J-0080 wrote:Seriously though, I notice that the names on the first page haven't really changed over the last few years but damn; you, angel and Scintilla sure have created a fair sized lead.
Need I un-bury the hatchet of the old OT again?

I pulled up some nice comparative stats before; it's actually kind of shocking how many regulars the forum lost post-OT-death.

Though new names are starting to filter up, it's gonna take a looong time.

That said, for all my reminiscing of the OT days, I hardly hit 3000 posts when OT went under. Angel also went up after it.

Speaking of Mornington Crescent, we need another forum game. We killed that one for the near future I'm afraid :|

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:34 pm

im in the top 10 @_@ i didnt realize i posted that much in the last year O.o

Return to “General Discussion”