Anime: Seriously Japan, wtf?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
guy07
Org Profile

Anime: Seriously Japan, wtf?

Post by guy07 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:49 pm

What the fuck is up with anime? It's fucked up! Seriously! I mean, think about it, a alien who happens to look the exact same as a human comes to earth to destroy it, bumps his head and forgets, the ends up saving it. Then he gets super strong because his hair turns yellow? Who thinks up this shit? IT'S RETARDED! And not to mention that it's super cheap to make seeing as how you can make 80% of a series with 3 FPS, as it's mostly stationary talking, in which the lip only has like 2 frames.
Don't get me wrong, i watch anime all the time, it's pretty cool, but when you sit down and think about it's, it's just retarded. The artwork and voice acting is usually pretty good, but other then that ...yeah. And voice acting, who gets famous for that? they TALK for a living! And half them can't even do that correctly.
And the characters! They cry and could substitute as a fountain! And who obsesses about 12 year old girls AND huge boobs in the same pop-culture thingy! Man, none of it makes sense!
And yes, i stole this title from Stop Watching Anime And Go Outside (sorry Doki, I'm just not original enough i guess : /).
Discuss!
(please don't reply "it doesn't have to make sense, it's fiction!", I'm well aware of that.)
[rant]

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Ever try to explain "Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep?" by Phillip K. Dick to someone? Or Gunter Grass's "Tin Drum" or anything by Calvino ...... o.0 ... it all sounds just as outragious ... doesn't mean they are not good ... :wink:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:54 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:Ever try to explain "Do Androids Dream of Electronic Sheep?" by Phillip K. Dick to someone? Or Gunter Grass's "Tin Drum" or anything by Calvino ...... o.0 ... it all sounds just as outragious ... doesn't mean they are not good ... :wink:
Oh and that's an American, a German, and a Italian .. So the Japanese have not cornered the market on odd, yet good stories ... :P

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (and im not talking about the Disney Movie, they pretty much "normalized" it)

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Besides, there are many slice of life anime that don't have all that weird, out of this world, fucked up shit. As well as many that center around things like school (for example) that don't get into all of that.

All media have their way-out-there stuff, and their more realistic storyline stuff, anime is no exception at all.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Yeah ...but when u get a 'normal' anime with a normal plot about school or something ...it ends up fucked up anyways, take School Rumble or Azumanga, nothing special, just normal people ...cept one revolves around ADD children and the other a main charcter who doesn't even drink beer, yet acts the bad ass.
i have of yet to see a anime that seems 'normal' in any aspect. if u ask me, it's all fucked up.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:12 pm

try: "Rumbling Hearts" or "Honey and Clover" instead

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Have you ever been to Europe?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:44 pm

Because normal is boring.

Besides, in Japan, the normal shit is left up to the Korean melodramas.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 pm

What's normal, anyway?

I happen to think North American 'normality' can be pretty fucked up :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”