From what i'm reading ... Linkin Park sucks now cuz of mtv

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:28 pm

TobinHood wrote:This is the last time I'm posting my same responce in a thread like this.

I like Linkin Park!! But c'mon, even though I'm a Linkin Park fan I know there are way too many videos done to them (not just DBZ) and they really need to be stopped.
'Nuff said.

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:47 pm

the reason why ppl bash LP so much is b/c there getting tired of hearing nothing BUT LP. alot of ppl like LP but it gets really annoying and stupid if all u end up doing is listen/watching LP video's with the same song OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! thats why ppl are so tired of LP and bash the hell out of it, b/c they get tried of listeing to the same kind of music so many damn times!
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:38 am

i didn't feel like reading all this(the words were moving too fast), so forgive me if this has already been addressed. or mock my dyslexia.

linkin park, is a manufactured band. obviously, the majority of the people in this world lack the morals to be ashamed of listening to a band that was created specifically for making money. while this is not an uncommon trend these days, i still choose not to fall victim to the evils that the corporate media wants me to be subjected to. they do not write their own musak(music) as the thugs wish to peep(refer) to shizzo(it), meaning they are not deserving of the praise they get.

"but they're talented at what they do my lord temjin almighty. is that not deserving of praise my lord temjin almighty?"

why yes it is. yet in my opinion, manufactured is far from talented. and the repetive songs, each and everyone sounding exactly the same does not give them any reason to be as famous as they are. using a style of music that has been recycled so monotonously that it is now necessary for new bands to use the word monotonously correctly, or try coming up with a new style all their own. i always thought fetishes were shuned in our society, yet millions of you apparently share a parrallel love for screaming.

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:15 am

temjin wrote:i didn't feel like reading all this(the words were moving too fast), so forgive me if this has already been addressed. or mock my dyslexia.

linkin park, is a manufactured band. obviously, the majority of the people in this world lack the morals to be ashamed of listening to a band that was created specifically for making money. while this is not an uncommon trend these days, i still choose not to fall victim to the evils that the corporate media wants me to be subjected to. they do not write their own musak(music) as the thugs wish to peep(refer) to shizzo(it), meaning they are not deserving of the praise they get.

"but they're talented at what they do my lord temjin almighty. is that not deserving of praise my lord temjin almighty?"

why yes it is. yet in my opinion, manufactured is far from talented. and the repetive songs, each and everyone sounding exactly the same does not give them any reason to be as famous as they are. using a style of music that has been recycled so monotonously that it is now necessary for new bands to use the word monotonously correctly, or try coming up with a new style all their own. i always thought fetishes were shuned in our society, yet millions of you apparently share a parrallel love for screaming.
one of the few times temjin's real intellegence shows up
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

sigh...

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:46 am

Self rightrious anime fans who can't just except a series for what it is, and want everything to be all "so deep you cant even understand it, but it's fun to make yourself look smart by pretending to get it" like Eva, make DBZ look bad. DBZ isnt a show for all audiences, that doesnt make it a bad show. For example, I dont like Sex in the City. Its a show for women that only they can really understand, so I dont get it at all and dont like it. However, is Sex in the City a bad show cause the typical male audience member wont like it? Nope. Not at all.
DBZ its like fun series about a bunch of insanely strong people fighting battles over like 20 episodes mixed with homosexual over tones. Its simple, and its not very smart, but it doesnt have to be, and that doesn't mean it cant be entertaining. Another thing is a lot of these fans dont like the series has much has dont like some of the fans of the series. OH NO LITTLE KIDS ALSO WATCH IT SO I CANT LIKE IT!! They wont admit it, but they're just really insecure. They wont stick up for liking something because they dont want to get made fun of for liking a show thats percieved by most has a kids show. Thats why you see all these people who try and say shows like DBZ and Pokemon aren't "really anime." They dont want what they like in the same group has what other people might not like and give them shit for.
And for LP, would you just drop the whole punk attitude already. OH NO THEYRE MANUFACTURED I CANT LISTEN TO THEM! ITS MORALLY WRONG!! For christ sakes people, there are much more important moral delemas then weither your listening to music that is made by people who might enjoy making money. Wiether you like it or not, money is important, its not THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, but its up there, and if youd ever been without it, like most bands before they get famous, you might appretiate it more. If you like the music, then you like the music, if you dont, you dont. Stop trying to turn musical taste into a philosophical debate. Think about this also, not liking something because its popular, is the exact same thing has liking something because it is. You're still using the "scale" persay of how popular something is to determin what you can, and cant like.

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:51 am

lol .... sorry but i just can't help but laugh at your SN. also manufactured bands aren't really bands. I won't respect or listen too music that is being pushed on me by a bunch of corporate executives that don't give a damn about music and are just trying to make a quick buck.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:07 am

DBZ is a mindless series.Even if after 500 episodes a complex storyline appears,that is way too many fucking episodes of crap to wade through.DBZ is a cash cow here,and a cash cow in Japan.What little integrity it had is lost,forever.

"Self rightrious anime fans who can't just except a series for what it is, and want everything to be all "so deep you cant even understand it, but it's fun to make yourself look smart by pretending to get it" like Eva, make DBZ look bad."

Most view Dragonball Z as the stupid cash cow it is.EVA,despite it's flaws and its marketing,is a good,substantial series,with interesting artwork and pretty realistic characters.EVA zealots are just as annoying in my book as DBZ fanatics,BTW.Alternatively,too,DBZ makes other anime look bad to the mainstream majority,by being shown on kiddie stations and during kiddie programming hours,along with the kid-oriented marketing.People equate DBZ with other anime and write it all off as crap usually.Anyhow,much of the more purist attitude is (possibly unfounded,who knows?) annoyance at the fanatics."LP rulez,they're so deep and hard!Everyone else sucks!" "Goku is awesome no one can beat him and I don't get other anime!".There are numerous in-betweens,I know,who say nothing and continue liking what they like,because that is what in-betweens do,and they're smart that way.I guess my point is:like what you like,but don't give your opinion unless asked,and be as respectful and open-minded as much as possible.

Although I still dislike DBZ :D .
I'm out...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:50 pm

LP isn't manufactured, to an extent. The band was already a band, just with out their screamer, er, singer. He was brought in by the record company. LP maybe be somewhat manufactured, but not as much as, say, O Town? :shock:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Re: From what i'm reading ... Linkin Park sucks now cuz of m

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:06 pm

projekt_navi wrote:Before lp was on mtv ... lp was among a good band ... until they became famous .. amv newbies made crappie ass videos of DBZ/Linkin Park ...
MTV doesn't ruin a band, per se, the band allows themselves to be ruined by the fame.
projekt_navi wrote:For this ... I blame either mtv or newbies ... because both made lp look bad ...
Funny, I blame the radio stations for over-playing LP and I blame the posers for "jamming" their radios so everyone else in rush hour traffic hears LP whether they like it or not. Funny thing is I don't need other people to tell me what music to like or what music not to like. MTV won't change that, VH1 won't change that, radio won't change that, a-m-v.org won't change that, and some person on an online forum won't change that.
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Re: From what i'm reading ... Linkin Park sucks now cuz of m

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:33 pm

Rebus_Valstay wrote:Funny thing is I don't need other people to tell me what music to like or what music not to like. MTV won't change that, VH1 won't change that, radio won't change that, a-m-v.org won't change that, and some person on an online forum won't change that.
Thank you. I believe that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Return to “General AMV”