How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
LemonHead
Org Profile

Post by LemonHead » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:13 am

I'm having trouble with the pss. file thing. My computer says it doesn't associate with it or something. So I tried just saving it in mpg. but it didn't accept it on any of my movie makers, nor when I tried to convert it with PSS Plex...And when I try to get the sound it sounds like a tape recorder being played really fast. The video actually skips a lot too...Help?

By the way, I'm trying to rip the cutscenes from Tales of the Abyss.

windstrike
Org Profile

didn't work

Post by windstrike » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:48 pm

i followed the how to guide found in the very first post as a guide for making my first video. I downloaded the AMVapp as well as any of the programs he listed that I could find as shareware. SOS I grabbed the ISO form .hack//G.U. ( my subject or this experiment) and then I put it through the file splitter seperating it to 4 files of 1gb. I then run the extractor and end up having to rename the ISO prtion to Iso1, Iso2, part of the file name and so on cause it can't extract more than 30 files since it's trial program (if this is what messed me up please tell me). Then I go demultiplexing with pss put it all into the same mpg file. Finally when I'm done with that I put it to the dgmpdgec to change it to a AVI file. So I try playing my new file and all I get is the logo! Please someone tell me if I did something wrong or if there's some other step that missed for ripping from this game

savvy_style
Org Profile

Post by savvy_style » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:37 pm

LemonHead wrote:By the way, I'm trying to rip the cutscenes from Tales of the Abyss.
I used this tutorial to rip the cut scenes from TotA, and they came out just fine D:
The skipping probably has to do with the speed of your computer. After all this ripping, even mine has become a bit slow ^^v so the videos started to skip after the first few, but after restarting my copmuter they were fine :3

Chris100185
Org Profile

Post by Chris100185 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm trying to find the opening FMV in Abyss. Any tips on what file size and position I'm looking for . There's a lot of files there and It could take a while to find it.

savvy_style
Org Profile

Post by savvy_style » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Chris100185 wrote:I'm trying to find the opening FMV in Abyss. Any tips on what file size and position I'm looking for . There's a lot of files there and It could take a while to find it.
I don't remember what the file size was, but it should be in the very first split. The first 9 MPG files the extractor finds are the opening and cut scenes. The very first one is the opening.
At least that's how it was for me...though I wouldn't think it would be any different for you o_o

Rolandx
Org Profile

Any new info?

Post by Rolandx » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

I've tried to follow the instructions, but it's hard when some of the links to download programs are dead :-(.

The page for PSS Plex is gone, and googling doesn't find anyone who has it.

Or is there a newer/better way to get vids off of PS2 disks nowadays, since this FAQ is rather old?

sayde
Org Profile

Re: Any new info?

Post by sayde » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:03 pm

Rolandx wrote:The page for PSS Plex is gone, and googling doesn't find anyone who has it.
I just typed in PSS plex in quotes and found a site that had it for download in the very first result. So just copy and paste this into google.

"PSS plex"

or you can just go here:
www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html

Chris100185
Org Profile

Post by Chris100185 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:41 am

Yep, It was actually the very first file. Thanks. I'm actually using this to create a high quality version of the Japanese info. Instead of laying the original audio onto it I'm placing the Japanese audio. Better than the lousy YouTube quality stuff.

Chris100185
Org Profile

Post by Chris100185 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:43 am

Yep, It was actually the very first file. Thanks. I'm actually using this to create a high quality version of the Japanese intro. Instead of laying the original audio onto it I'm placing the Japanese audio. Better than the lousy you tube quality stuff.

Don't know where those typos came from.

LemonHead
Org Profile

Post by LemonHead » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Ugh, I'm having so much trouble with this.

Okay, so the file looks like in DVD2AVI but when I put it in Windows Media Play or Movie maker, the video doesn't show up.

More help? D:

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”