Dreams

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:18 pm

highschool dreams...

when i have the HS dreams, they started out that i was "in HS" I always lose my schedule, and i totally freak out on the first day not knowing which classes to go to... i would run to the office which would sometimes have it and i would lose it again... (i remember in one dream the office was covered in schedules, like all over the desks and walls)

then they turned into at some point "i was 25 (or whatever age i happened to be at the time- just currently 25) and had to go back to highschool for some reason" I still lost my schedule but on top of it i felt like a jackass being so old and in highschool... (one time this was reversed to i was going to college and the hs kids were trying to fit in there) i would still run around looking for my schedule...

Eventually at some point i caught on to the whole "upset" of losing the schedule and i changed it to "i can take whatever classes i want and ima take as many art classes as i can.." plus "im only taking highschool art classes at my age because im extremely bored enough to do so and i could care less what the student body thinks of it" and if i lost my schedule i would go into whatever class i felt like it and class would resume like i was supposed to be there.. (usually sculpting/painting/choir class)
~~~

one thing i always thought was neat about the dream was where the sculpting/painting classes were held...

the REAL HS i went to was "modular" it had several buildings and you had to walk from building to building to get to class (sucked if it was raining sometimes to get to S (Science) building cause it didnt have walkways)... anyways the real art classes were held at the end of the C building (past all the math classes) in a regular class room.. the only differences of this room compared to the others was that the desks were bigger..

in my dream the C building was HUGE like a warehouse and i had to climb a latter to get to where the classes were held (looked kinda like a shop classroom but not) the place was usually dark brown with paint spills/streaks everywhere...
~~~

one time i went to the HS and got confused about all the random anime characters that were painted on the walls O.o and there was a room i didnt want to go into because it was a "bad room" and i would be killed... so i ran away from it..
~~~

sometimes im a spy trying to get into higher places in the building.. just to see what i can find up there (note real hs 1 story... dream hs multiple stories) like the top floors have secrets that the students dont/shouldnt know.
~~~~~~~

Lesson: if i have a recurring dream enough that bothers me, usually i will find some way to consciously change it so i can enjoy it better...

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:25 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:highschool dreams...

when i have the HS dreams, they started out that i was "in HS" I always lose my schedule, and i totally freak out on the first day not knowing which classes to go to... i would run to the office which would sometimes have it and i would lose it again... (i remember in one dream the office was covered in schedules, like all over the desks and walls)

I've had the "forgot my schedule" dream also. Normally I will just wander the halls looking for a room that seemed familiar or someone I recognized to lead me to my class. Other times, I will go to the office and ask someone what my schedule is because I forgot it. I've also had the situation where I am alot older and had to redo school for some reason, I actually like those because normally people are happy to see me there...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31 pm

if i recall the kids seemed to like me, but i just never told them my real age when it came to those ones lol... i just felt like a jackass for being so old and having to go back lol..

i suppose the losing the schedule bit is alot better than the whole "being naked in front of the class" bit... O.o though i dont think i ever had one of those... atleast not at school...

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:32 pm

"'rape' not found on page"

*surpised
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:17 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I have dreams about meh sexy alter ego :lol:
I've actually had dreams about Sousuke. It was really weird. It would be live action for the most part. Except when he'd show up. Then it would be in anime.

Eh. I don't really have complete recurring dreams, but I have themes and items that show up a lot. In HS, it was vampires that I would have to beat (which I thought nothing of, because they showed up right after my voices said they would. (I'm schizophrenic)) and lesbianism. (Which I looked up, and gayness when you're not gay was supposed to mean lack of self confidence or something. Which made sense. I was in HS)

All throughout my life, even still, its bike tricks (Like BMX style, but usually over some sort of rough terrain.), rollercoasters/amusement parks, and shopping malls. I had one dream where they were all there. It was odd.
ImageImage

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:07 pm

I had an .org dream a couple of days ago. I'd rather not go into detail, but Minion was a forum admin in it. :?

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:30 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:i suppose the losing the schedule bit is alot better than the whole "being naked in front of the class" bit... O.o though i dont think i ever had one of those... atleast not at school...
I have themed dreams about school like that. Usually it's college and it's time to hand in final projects. And I'll realize I haven't gone to a certain class in forever, and I'm panicking and wondering how I could possibly have skipped it so many times I completely forgot I was taking the class at all. If it's a math class, I'll panic because I haven't turned in the daily assignments (since I forgot to attend daily) so my score is a failure by default. If it's english I realize I haven't been doing my journal entries - again, daily assignments that add up to a failing grade. Once when it was english I had a speech to give, a report to turn in, and a copy of my journal. I fubbed the speech and stayed to talk to the teacher afterward. She was disappointed with me. It felt bad. I've had it with science classes a few times, but again, it's the journal - some daily score I missed because I didn't attend classes.

The theme is always the same no matter what class I've been skipping. Sometimes I panick and try doing the journal/late assignments as quick as possible so I have *something* to turn in. Other times I give up and go talk to the teacher and feel bad when the "disappointed in you" part comes up. Once in a while I'll get angry because I *know* I dropped that class, or I never signed up for it - so it's not my fault I haven't been attending. Then I'll stay in my apartment and refuse to go, even though it's finals day. What's really upsetting is that I'm never panicking because I failed at a difficult class. It's because I could have aced it easily if I'd just remembered to attend.

I figure all those college themed dreams are guilt because I haven't done anything with my degree since I graduated, I haven't gone back for a masters, and I know my mom will continue to be disappointed in me until I do. I never had those dreams until after I graduated. They're upsetting when I have them, but I roll my eyes when I wake up. Stupid conscience.

I've had a few about highschool, but they're sequential. I get lost on my first day to a new school, or I'm telling someone about how I got lost on my first day trying to find my new school. There's a lot of backstory in those taken from previous dreams, but no sense of worry. I don't mind that I got lost. It's interesting walking around the strange neighborhood and I don't really care if I miss the first few days of classes.
J-0080 wrote:Possible insanity is what makes you interesting.

/past
I remember that! :P That was one of the last times I had a "normal" dream like that. I miss them. It was so much easier writing fics about Kurama when I could talk to him in my dreams. I think the very last "semi-normal talk with an anime character" dream I had featured Yukimura from Samurai Deeper Kyo. It wasn't the same, even if he did have Kurama's voice. I can't even remember what we were talking about. I think it was indoors, too. I like open dream spaces better for talks like that.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:43 pm

wurpess wrote:Which I looked up, and gayness when you're not gay was supposed to mean lack of self confidence or something.
So that's what it is. :P

I wondered why I was always a guy (a gay guy - I don't have sex in the dreams, but I still appreciate the fact that I'm surrounded by nice looking men) and never a straight girl. I figured I was a gay guy in one of my past lives and I'd just gotten stuck in the wrong gendered body this time around. Lack of confidence would explain a lot. I've yet to find a single enpowering aspect to being stuck a female. It's uncomfortable and I can't hide it no matter how I dress. The only time I'm confident in this gender is when my guy friends have girlfriends, or are so confident themselves that they don't consider me as anything but "one of the guys." I get along with guys better than girls, but the second they start that "oh, she's a female!" thing I get surly and annoyed and, suddenly, they aren't even attractive anymore. They might as well be wearing bras. Blegh.

Or maybe it doesn't count as a gay dream if you switch sexes. o.O

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
wurpess wrote:Which I looked up, and gayness when you're not gay was supposed to mean lack of self confidence or something.
So that's what it is. :P

I wondered why I was always a guy (a gay guy - I don't have sex in the dreams, but I still appreciate the fact that I'm surrounded by nice looking men) and never a straight girl. I figured I was a gay guy in one of my past lives and I'd just gotten stuck in the wrong gendered body this time around. Lack of confidence would explain a lot. I've yet to find a single enpowering aspect to being stuck a female. It's uncomfortable and I can't hide it no matter how I dress. The only time I'm confident in this gender is when my guy friends have girlfriends, or are so confident themselves that they don't consider me as anything but "one of the guys." I get along with guys better than girls, but the second they start that "oh, she's a female!" thing I get surly and annoyed and, suddenly, they aren't even attractive anymore. They might as well be wearing bras. Blegh.

Or maybe it doesn't count as a gay dream if you switch sexes. o.O
Maybe you just have such a strong sense of mental masculinity that your sub-conscious will just make you a guy, then coupled with the self confidence thing, you then become a gay guy. Or maybe you were a gay guy in another life. lol I have no clue. Or its too many yaoi AMVs. lol. I remember one like that. There was this guy I liked in real life. Then I had a dream where I was a gay guy going after him and he kept pushing me away because I was a guy. That was probably an allusion to me not being able to get him because of self confidence issues. Or I might as well have been a guy for as much of a chance as I had with him. lol Then, about a week ago, I had a Brokeback Mountain dream, and I was Heath Ledger's character. Of course, then there was a bunch of weird stuff involving bringing ice cream in a cooler to Disney World via the trams. :? I think that was just weird randomness that didn't have much to do with anything.
ImageImage

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Ever have a dream that spanned several years? I had one when I was down the shore. I think I was 7 or 8 at the time. There was some weird noise coming from behind a wall. Like a loud painful moan ( i was young and knew nothing about sex so don't even go there). I don't remember any words being said, but my dad came and pulled some paneling off the door and exposed a woman giving birth. o.O . To make a long story short, we helped her deliver the child and for some reason, we took a picture of my family and her and her baby.

Fast forward 7 or 8 years. Same place down the shore. I had another weird dream where I removed the paneling from the wall again and there was an old lady and a young girl sitting behind it. I looked puzzled for a few moments and then the girl held up a picture. Keep in mind that I can't remember anything from ten minutes ago on, but It was the EXACT picture I dreamed we took all those years ago.

Spooky... I never could tell what it meant. :?

Return to “General Discussion”