You didn't know this about me...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

You didn't know this about me...

Post by SilversLightning » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Basically this is where you post things about you people wouldn't usually know unless you told them or they asked.

I'll go first....

I'm lactose intolerant. If I wanted to have a glass of milk it would make me vomit. However, this is only a partial intolerance since I can eat cheese and chocolate

(although it can't be too rich with milk or that will make me sick too like when I was driving with my instructor...I learned that the hard way :/)

so I make up the lack of calcium by taking a suppliment.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Hmm, something that people wouldn't know unless I told them. Hmmm....

Occasionally, not very often mind you but every now and then, I think of a way to insult someone and decide to not say it. I'm not very proud of this weakness but there it is.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:58 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I'm lactose intolerant.
I actually knew (or at least assumed) that about you from that driving incident you related in a journal entry a while back. Got anything else? Some dark little secret, maybe? ;p

I mumble when I talk. It's like my tongue is too thick to share space with my teeth. If I talk too fast (which I always do), my mom makes me repeat everything I say. I've been saying "nevermind" to her for as long as I can remember. It might be because my dad shattered my front teeth when I was a toddler and my adult teeth didn't grow in until I was a teenager. That's also why I've always smiled with my mouth closed. Old habits.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Hmmm.... Lets see.... I bet nobody knows that I am allergic to cigarette smoke, no matter how low the dosage. Before this year, I couldn't go into a restaurant without risking vomiting and having my throat become really sore and treat it shut close. However, now my state has insitgated a lovely clean-air act that forbids smoking indoors in any and all public places. Now I can eat in peace.

Oh, and I also have a recurring diabetes disease running in my family, which has hit every family member since we can remember. So, basically, I'm screwed....

Yea for me. :shock:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Haha, for once a thread that I'd have trouble contributing to, thanks to the fact that I've always been far too open on forums, and many people here may even remember my old over-detailed profile or have had those long IM convos with me where I loosen up, so to say.

Well, I mentioned it elsewhere, but for one thing - my birthday. I mentioned it elsewhere, but two somewhat funny things about it:
I'm already 23, but my 23rd birthday is tomorrow. Blame being born in Europe in the early hours of the morning :P
My birthday is also exactly 1 day (and 2 years) earlier than my younger brother's. Fancy that 'coincidence'.

Another amusing Oto fact you may have heard before:
Last December, I came THIS close to joining the Canadian Communist Party. It wasn't something I was toying with as a joke either.

An interesting Oto genealogical fact:
Genetically (i.e. not in title), I am a direct descendant of Russian and Danish royalty by the way of ties to the German noble house of Oldenburg. Not close, mind you, in the 9th generation, but still.
Arigatomina wrote: I mumble when I talk.
Word. Same here, uh... in fact people often point to my pronounciation as a sign of a Russian accent, whereas it really has more to do with my mumbling (that extends to any language) than anything else.

My eye-contact behaviour with people is quite strange too. Sometime around 12 years old I developed a habit of avoiding eye contact (I kid you not, I was convinced at the time, which was around grade 6, that people could READ MY MIND that way), and though lately I've been consciously training myself against that, it can still slip into a 'look away while talking' mode and I'm sure it annoys people :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:54 pm

hmmm, well, my favorite book is The Hunchback of Notre Dame and my all time favorite movie is A Clockwork Orange. (Since people got that wrong on my quiz, thought I'd get that out of the way.)

My screen name comes from Cubby, a dialect of gibberish my mom and I made up while playing with the word bank my brother had to make in Kindergarten. (Basically, whenever he learned to read a new word, he'd write it on a card and put it in a box. Then he could make sentences with them. My mom and I got a hold of it and ended up having a guy named Mr. Cubby doing all kinds of weird, nonsensical stuff. It eventually evolved into its own dialect of gibberish, then a way of life. We ended up making up a few of our own words, characters, super heros, saints, holidays, etc.) Wurpess ended up meaning dressing the same or similarly as someone else or a group of people dressed the same or similarly. When I got my 1st email address, I wanted Foonan (one of the superheros. We came up with the word foon, meaning a general feeling of fear, surprise, disgust, or just general discomfort. Then the superhero, foonan, who spreads foonocity and generally flies upside down with his cape wrapped around his neck.), but for some reason it was taken. O.o. So I went with wurpess and that's what I've been ever since, because I know I can go somewhere and use the name wurpess, and it won't be taken.

I'm also schizophrenic. My guardian voice is very pretty. He has a pale human torso with black horse legs, hair and wings and silver hooves, claws and horns. His eyes change colors depending on his mood. He protects me from the evil voices. He says he can't give me his real name, but he gave himself the human name, Vincent, to call him by for now until he can reveal his real name. For the most part, I ignore my voices, though. They say really weird stuff.

I don't like Bananas.
ImageImage

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 pm

I guess I'll join the fun...

Sometimes I think I've got some brain damage. I had poor speech growing up and was in Speech Therapy up to High School. I also go into weird spasms where I rub my hands together quickly or just flail them around. I've even known for scratching my head rapidly and even rubbing my nose to the point it bleeds when I go into those episodes.

So If I whack you in the head for no reason... no offense... :wink:

Another is that I'm clinically depressed. I even attempted suicide once. Been on Prozac and was in therapy for 4 or 5 years.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Left-handed. Terrible handwriting. Stupendously ugly. Used to be quite intelligent, until the last year and a half of college, when the "find something at which you will excel for the REST OF ETERNITY" pressure broke me. Stupid ever since.

Most of my habits around all but my closest friends and family are geared toward disappearing as much as possible. Which of course isn't possible at all, but it evens things out a bit. I hate the thought of being "quirky" or "special" or because it calls attention to myself. The nail that sticks out will be hammered down, etc. Also because the things that make me unique are bad things, and it revolts me to think about celebrating them.

I think it's easier to make eye contact when you're listening than when you're speaking. I've noticed it in myself and a few others so far. It's interesting; I wonder why that is.

Goddamn, this is a depressing post. Um, I'm not bad at Guitar Hero for somebody who doesn't actually own the game yet. :P

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:19 pm

My god...I have so many...

How about...

I have dual citizenship because I was born in Greece while my dad was stationed there. It actually took almost four years for me to get my birth certificate, and it's just my name, my date of birth, where I was born, and the seal and signature of the Secretary of State. I don't really know any of the information about my birth, like weight, height, time of birth, etc, and my parents don't remember details like that. I didn't live there for very long afterwards, I wasn't even able to speak yet when we left, but I'd still like to go back and visit sometime, it's apparently really nice. The only things that I have from Greece are my birth certificate and my middle name, which translates roughly to "beautiful young miss" or something similar.

I used to mention in my profile that I was born there, just as an interesting fact, but it got misinterpreted to people thinking that I am Greek.

Also, I have a fear of driving because of a car accident I was in when I was little.

And my dad named me after the bald woman in Star Trek: The Motion Picture
And my parents divorced when I was 2 and I didn't see my mother for 14 years
And I'm an excessively picky eater, I'll eat a fraction of what "normal" people will
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm

well... I'm an author who's been writing since the 4th grade. Poetry and short stories and novels. I'm working on my first book that isn't based off of another series or sounds exactly like a movie or something like that. I plan on having it finished by AWA and then hopefully published by the end of the year (even if it is self-published.)

Oh yeah, and I'm dyslexic. Kinda sucks trying to get your point across when letters look the same to you...

though I guess if you've been on AMV when I've been around you might have heard me say all of this before...
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”