AWA Pro & DDR Project 2 Videos - Online

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:55 pm

AbsoluteGorgeous videos. :wink:

I have many years yet till I can do that....I'll leave the Op's after I run through the vids several more times.

:smiles:
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:40 am

Mag Launcher wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:You have a valid viewpoint but you have rudely hijacked the thread which was trying to advertise a video in a honest manner.

If you have an opinion on the video, then leave an opinion. If you have an opinion on amvs in general then post it in the General AMV forum.

Ranting in a thread where someone is trying to advertise the video they worked INCREDIBLY hard on is an insult. Go and take your lack of manners elsewhere.
You have failed to miss something very important...

I don't give a fuck about manners on an amv forum
Welcome to assholedom.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:58 am

Where's Scott when you need him :)

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:11 am

OmniStrata wrote:Ah, Mag, but what do you say to someone who's done BOTH fx and NON-fx videos?!

:roll:
I hope people didn't think I was diving artists by efx/non-efx. I never said it was bad to use efx but if you're going to use them at leas use them right. Something no one is doing right now.
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:47 pm

Mag Launcher wrote:I hope people didn't think I was diving artists by efx/non-efx. I never said it was bad to use efx but if you're going to use them at leas use them right. Something no one is doing right now.
So they're using them 'wrong' because you say so? Hmm, interesting. And so who decides what 'wrong' is?

Ohhh, that's right, it's up to the individual to decide. I almost forgot.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:36 am

FirestormXIII wrote:
Mag Launcher wrote:I hope people didn't think I was diving artists by efx/non-efx. I never said it was bad to use efx but if you're going to use them at leas use them right. Something no one is doing right now.
So they're using them 'wrong' because you say so? Hmm, interesting. And so who decides what 'wrong' is?

You people sure d love your jumping to conclusions and rhetorical questions don't you?
CYRAX - Visit my site at <a href="http://maglauncher.net">http://maglauncher.net</a>

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:33 am

Mag Launcher wrote:
FirestormXIII wrote:

You people sure d love your jumping to conclusions and rhetorical questions don't you?
How is it jumping to a conclusion when you made your position quite clear. :?
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Mag Launcher
Org Profile

Post by Mag Launcher » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:51 pm

If you have to ask...

Ga-Hing
Org Profile

Post by Ga-Hing » Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:38 pm

smmoooo-oke fire in sky....
The smoke video was...alright, but used spoilers...imo you can use spoilers and make anything look pretty good, seeing how spoilers are normally the best part of the series and have the most action and what not. But anyways, the video was still fairly fun to watch. The part where Kenshin goes ape shit on Shishio...where that little 'score' stuff came up was kinda cool...

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:57 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Where's Scott when you need him :)
Right here!
Weird... I'm currently writing an e-mail to Ian right now...

Back on subject: Wow. I'm really impressed with the DDR vids that I've seen so far! Wahoo! Way awesome. I still remember Mike & Meri's faces when I said, "Hsien said that you could have a track. But... It's 'Smoke.' You've got no choice." We sat down and I played the track for them from my 2nd Mix CD. We downloaded the lyrics 'cause we hadn't a friggin' clue what they were. Man, the three of us were entirely clueless about what the video could POSSIBLY be about. If you don't know what everyone's complaining about, check out the lyrics. Sheesh!

But, somehow they made an awesome vid.

Funny thing is, there really aren't many effects. Couple of arrows and such. With a "dance" vid, I think that effects are okay, 'cause it's supposed to be flashy. Depends on the type of videos. Me, I prefer the dramatic kinds. The ones where effects are seamless and invisible. But... DDR is all about flash, so it's okay.

You want to see an awesome dramatic video that has NO effects in it? A real "old school" video that just completely kicks ass? Check out the second video listed here, the Trigun one. I watched that one go through many changes and developments and while I still don't think it's absolutely perfect (nuthin' is, of course), WOW. I just hope to be that good some day. That video ACCOMPLISHES what I've always tried to do, and failed.

At least, in my own opinion. It might not be your cup o' tea, but I definately recommend it.

Peace, everyone. And don't give the 'launcher too much credence. He's just trying to yank everyone's chain. :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”