And the rest of us...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SomaOverdose
Org Profile

Post by SomaOverdose » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:37 am

I only accept the fact that if you were born there you have the right to say that they are truly apart of that culture. Sure it's easy to say, for example that you are quarter Scottish, quarter Italian, quarter Irish, and quarter German. Though really, unless you were actually born in all those places at once that statement couldn’t really be accurate/correct. It’s more apart of your culture than anything else.

I could, by going by what the rest of you have said, except for the sulfur comment, that I am part Scottish (which evidently traces back to the times of Robert the Bruce), but I don't, I admit that I was born here, in Canada, and that I don't feel this overwhelming need to create a "hotdog" mixture of different races or cultural groups that people in my family's past have been apart of.
But that's just a rant that I have wanted to get out of my system for a little while. :D

Soma
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

otakuscotty
Org Profile

Post by otakuscotty » Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:39 am

I am a horse

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:24 am

My Grandma was Irish, and my Grampa was Lesbian, that makes me quarter Lesbian.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:18 pm

:shock: That's...great...Big MaC...

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:54 pm

german and italian
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:24 pm

FirestormXIII wrote:
priuscomet wrote:Me: carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, filipino, plutonium, krypton, radon, spanish, titanium and a lot of sulfur.

8)
You sure there's not any napalm in there somewhere? You're kind of hot-headed when it comes to temjin :P
damn...i knew there was something i forgot in there.

kthulhu wrote:Cut back on the eggs and asparagus.
would that be the raw eggs, half born ones, or the ones you actually have to do some work with with those pots and pans.

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:06 pm

Put some Intalians, a Scandanavians, and Koreans in a blender and you have me.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:04 pm

I never say I'm "[country]-an/ese/ish", I'm very careful about that... because I've never even been to most of the places my ancestors came from (except Ireland, and then only as a tourist), and culturally I'm as small-town America as you can get.

Neither am I multiracial, so this really isn't "my" thread O_o;

But regardless, my ancestors came from...
- southern Italy (Calabria), though there's reason to believe that the patrilineal line there came to Calabria from Albania (the name is really not Italian in origin, but no one's sure exactly where it DID come from)
- somewhere in Germany - that branch stayed in eastern Pennsylvania long enough that nobody knows where they came from before then (usually called "Pennsylvania Dutch")... I should trace that someday, though everyone in that family line is dead :/
- the French Alps area, Alsace-Lorraine
- County Cork, Ireland (when I finally saw Cork, I was struck by how much it looked like the city my great-grandfather and his father DID move to, here. ^_^; Odd.)

Pretty typical industrial-city turn-of-the-century mixture, all around. And I'm interested in how all these random people are connected through history, even though it IS a rather boring, "typical anglo" combination at first glance. Also the stories that come from it, like one of my two French ancestors being a young woman who died while her son (my great-grandfather) was still a child, and how her husband left the US and went back to Ireland to find a new wife with his six-year-old son in tow - then came back.

So see, it can be more than "I'm blah and blah and blah" :)

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:15 pm

lets see...German, Scottish, Cherokee(most likely i can't be sure), English, Who knows what else
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:42 pm

I'm American

Return to “General AMV”