What are you playing?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 pm

AtomX wrote:I'm also gonna get back into finishing FF12 eventually :o
Ooh, that's on my list too, I wanna get Revenant Wings next month.

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:19 pm

I'm playing "Over the Hedge" on my Xbox!

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:30 pm

AtomX wrote:I'm also gonna get back into finishing FF12 eventually :o
I got like 55 hours into that, dropped it, and let someone borrow it. The plot just didn't grab me, and the gameplay was starting to get stale. Although, I do have a habit of quitting before the end of games (although I was about 10-15 hours from the end of this).
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:43 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
J-0080 wrote:I sent a friend invite to you dokool, my gamertag is Th3Gold3nDonut.
Damn, you've got a 360 *and* a Wii?
Didn't you notice when I started listing 360 games on the deamonseal playing thread about two months ago?

That reminds me, I still have an unopened copy of Elebits laying around, guess I'll get to it eventually.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:10 pm

How should I know they were 360 titles? If I don't recognize the game, I generally skip over the post.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:14 pm

J-0080 wrote:That reminds me, I still have an unopened copy of Elebits laying around, guess I'll get to it eventually.
:up: that game's a lot of fun, enjoy it.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:32 am

Overall I would say STALKER was a bit of a disappointment. So much was promised, but honestly, it feels like another FPS, albeit with a RPG side to it that makes it still unique and enjoyable. The current state it's in sure as hell doesn't warrant it's development time, IMO.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:14 am

I find it odd out of all the games I have in my house, out of my 360 wii, and ps2, I'm playing geometry wars, and spades on the xbl arcade....odd.
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:29 pm

F.U.C.K.I.N.G. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

It ruined my day (and night) yesterday. I was going to *cough* finish something, but it stole it.

For one, I wasn't disappointed at all with it. Sure it's not everything it could've been, but it's everything it should've been. Rather satisfies my own wishes as far as a free-roaming shooter where I can go off and stare at things and shoot at things at leisure, without being whisked off the level by that or other script. I'm a little biased, of course, since I get nostalgic at the obviously-Soviet setting and the awesomely authentic (imho) voice acting in the Russian version that's letting me brush up on my slang quite well.

Not really seeing much in the way of real issues with it, either. A screwy script here or there, but on the whole it's just way too addictive, so I look past them.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:45 am

Okay, I have to take back part of it, but certainly not 'overall' - the later part of STALKER and the ending I was a bit disappointed with. The earlier game is definitely in line with what STALKER should be - a hack-and-slash RPG except with FPS combat; the later part of the game (a large chunk of the map but a tiny chunk of gameplay) indeed turns into a straight FPS, and rushes you along a fast track to where it wants you to go. Alas, no scenic wandering of the Zone for me. :(

Also, no spoilers, but the ending had rather ticked me off. Knowing Russians made the game, I knew they'd pull something odd, but damn it! - even with me being a most patient player, I have to admit I'm too pissed off to see a substance to it right now.

So, as a Diablo-with-guns it passes well, and to me the unforgiving gun modeling and long raids for loot made it quite satisfying, along with staring at scenery. That part of the game is :up: , bugs and all. Later, ehhh... It's no Half-Life, and I wish it hadn't tried to be. I can see myself playing through it again after the many patches one should hope for, though.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”