New feature: AMV Alerts

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

New feature: AMV Alerts

Post by dokidoki » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:46 pm

I'm pleased to announce a new site feature: AMV Alerts.

If you go to the Alerts edit page, you can tell the system to email you when events happen, such as when you receive an opinion or there is a new news item on the main page. These emails can go out daily, weekly, or monthly, at approximately 6AM Eastern time. Or you can just have the system record the events and view them from a web page or RSS feed. (Your RSS reader requires HTTP-Authentication. I've been testing with SharpReader)

You can also request alerts based on other users. As the edit page says, there is now a link on user profiles to add them to your alert list. You can be alerted when they enter a video, upload a video, enter a new journal entry, etc. People won't be notified when you write a new private journal entry, but if you write a public one then make it private, they may be confused.

Or if you prefer, you can make it so people don't receive notification about certain actions. (the "Privacy" flag) Even though it's been tested, if you're going to turn privacy on for an item, you might want to add yourself to your own list, and set the event to "Online" or "Daily" before turning privacy on, so you can see for yourself that alerts aren't going out.

The features will be available to all, but non-donators won't be able to subscribe to as many people. During an initial trial period, this restriction won't be in place. Things are subject to change, for example if the RSS feed uses too many resources to generate on a larger scale.
Please bear with us if there are any bugs or other problems, and please tell your friends who may not visit the site very often. Thanks.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 pm

Easily one of my favorite additions to the site in a long while. :) I recommend people play with everything it has to offer. I personally love the RSS feed. This is the first thing that I've really cared to download an RSS client for.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:06 pm

ooooooooooooooooh!

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:23 pm

I've been wanting a video alert for so long. Thank you so much! ^_^

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:32 pm

Wow! Doki, do you have any free time? Like, ever? You are a coding machine! btw, I have a few projects i'm working on... i don't really want to do them...

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:33 pm

godix wrote:I don't know what cons you personally attend but at the next con you deserve a blowjob from the org. Every single person here should line up just for the honor of sucking you off. You done so many useful changes recently that you deserve it.
Thanks doki!

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:43 pm

Doki is really going for that "Most Helpful"

:D

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:44 pm

1 person has opted to receive messages from you.
<b>HOLY CRAP, IT'S FAN MANAGEMENT</b>
(formerly known as the biggest running joke on the To-Do List)

Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose there's any way of finding out who the people watching us are?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:45 pm

When do we celebrate Doki day?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:46 pm

Scintilla wrote:
1 person has opted to receive messages from you.
<b>HOLY CRAP, IT'S FAN MANAGEMENT</b>
(formerly known as the biggest running joke on the To-Do List)

Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose there's any way of finding out who the people watching us are?
that was probably me O:

Return to “Site Announcements”