Can anyone send me links to download effects?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Palm Tree of Doom
Org Profile

Can anyone send me links to download effects?

Post by Palm Tree of Doom » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:11 am

Can anyone send me links to download effects? Please? T.T The ones I really want are the negative, invert and color filters. That kind of stuff. I've read the FAQ, but the link there didn't help much and I've searched for effects myself but all I kept getting was this: http://www.hitthebongo.co.uk
And that site doesn't have the effects or transitions I'm looking for. Can anyone help me? T.T

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:44 pm

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge there are no effects for WMM that do the things you want. You *might* try looking here, but I doubt you'll find what you're looking for. Looks like it might be time to drop a little cash and buy yourself a better editing program.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:11 am

:roll: there's a link in the sticky at the top of this forum which someone didn't read....
[b][size=150][color=red]STICKY[/color][/size][/b] wrote:
8.)Where can I get some new effects for WMM?

Try here
But beware of viruses and system instability they can have/cause.
which is actually the same link SkY gave you but...you get the point
new banzors in the making :p

Palm Tree of Doom
Org Profile

Post by Palm Tree of Doom » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:36 am

I did read that, and I clicked that link too. They didn't have what I was looking for, though. >.< And actually, there are effects like that for Movie Maker, I saw someone on YouTube who uses Movie Maker put those effects in their AMVs. But when I asked them where they downloaded them, they wouldn't tell me...

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Palm Tree of Doom wrote:I did read that, and I clicked that link too. They didn't have what I was looking for, though. >.< And actually, there are effects like that for Movie Maker, I saw someone on boochsack who uses Movie Maker put those effects in their AMVs. But when I asked them where they downloaded them, they wouldn't tell me...
Well, either they did a WHOLE lot of Photoshopping, or they were lying about having made the video in WMM. OR they could have done a lot of AviSynth/VDubModding, but again I doubt it. I really don't think you're going to find effects like that for WMM.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:21 pm

I'll have one of my friend's PM you with it. He was able to download certain effects into his WMM, maybe that could help you out.
¯\(°_o)/¯

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:18 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Well, either they did a WHOLE lot of Photoshopping, or they were lying about having made the video in WMM. OR they could have done a lot of AviSynth/VDubModding, but again I doubt it. I really don't think you're going to find effects like that for WMM.
or they stole the effect from another amv which is a huge no-no O:

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:55 am

Palm Tree of Doom,I don't think there are the effects you mentioned available for downloading anywhere.
When I was using Movie Maker,I have downloaded some effects from Rehan in this site:
http://rehanfx.com/

If you want,check them out.But they are pretty simple and not something that good editing programs offer.After all,Rehan hasn't updated this page for ages.
The other way is to create the effects and transitions all by yourself using the program mentioned in Movie Maker Forums(the link by CrackThe Sky) and writing the codes for everything you want.This page should be useful then:
http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forum ... stID=74030

But personally,if you want to make amvs with good effects and filters,try moving to Vegas or Premiere. [MOD 403: last part of suggestion removed]

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:08 am

adobe photoshop.... make gifs and import them... instant `effects`.... can you describe the effect you are looking for_?
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”