Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 pm

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 pm

ayanefan wrote:I never would have equated Persia with Iran although I knew it was in that general area.
What's funny is that'd just piss Iran off even more. They've been on this kick to get the Arabian Sea named the Persian Sea again because they consider calling it arabian robs them of their heritage or some such shit.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:35 pm

I just saw the movie with my wife tonight.

She says it is utter fluff, there is almost no meaningful dialog and that it was predictable and really really boring. The only thing she seemed to like was the creative ending credit sequence.

Translation: This movie is for guys.

I thought the movie rocked! "Graaaaah!" is enough dialog for me. A person shouldn't have a Naruto length conversation while they are fighting. The Spartans were a culture of jocks. They trained their entire lives for war. All they did was train, workout, and tell stories about battles. They were not known for moving speeches, unless they were telling people to move. They were known however for being strong, fast and very very capable warriors. Spartans practically invented the concept of gym training.

I liked the slow motion effects, I think it helped to highten the battle choreography. Unlike many movies that try to hide the battle choreography by using shakey, cam this movie let the chop and stab have it's proper place.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the crappy Lisa Girard music they kept sticking in there. Metal, hard and fast suits this movie. Wait, hunchback boy sucked too.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:59 pm

:lol:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 pm

madbunny wrote:
I thought the movie rocked! "Graaaaah!" is enough dialog for me. A person shouldn't have a Naruto length conversation while they are fighting. The Spartans were a culture of jocks. They trained their entire lives for war. All they did was train, workout, and tell stories about battles. They were not known for moving speeches, unless they were telling people to move. They were known however for being strong, fast and very very capable warriors. Spartans practically invented the concept of gym training.
In reality they trained their entire lives to crush slave revolts. Lokonia had one of the highest concentrations of slaves in the ancient world. I am not sure as to the exact figure off the top of my head, but it was over 100 to one. Spartan society was based around slave control, hence their concentration on military prowess.

I only know this because I have a degree in Classical and Near Eastern Archeology (Along with two other useless degrees). XD

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 pm

I saw it, and it may have redefined "epic". Hell, it may have redefined the action/drama movie genre in general for me.

Simply amazing.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:43 am

Just watched it - goddamn was that made of awesome.

I know someone commented earlier on the blood, but I thought it made for a neat stylistic choice. Loved the one-liners, too.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:00 am

protip: shit-talk like a spartan
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:55 am

Minion wrote:protip: shit-talk like a spartan
Or eat shit like a Persian?

Return to “General Discussion”