Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 pm

dwchang wrote:I enjoyed it, but was not surprised to see "WHORES WHORES WHORES" being Frank Miller and all :roll:
:roll: It was just one scene. And the filmmakers made it gratuitous, not Miller. In the comic, it was just one drawing on one page. :roll:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
dwchang wrote:I enjoyed it, but was not surprised to see "WHORES WHORES WHORES" being Frank Miller and all :roll:
:roll: It was just one scene. And the filmmakers made it gratuitous, not Miller. In the comic, it was just one drawing on one page. :roll:
There's actually two scenes and if you've read enough Frank Miller or pay enough attention to the industry you'd realize he has whores in almost anything he writes and that most people think he's crazy.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:32 pm

it was fun XD

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:47 pm

We cringed the whole movie, gore and such but interesting there was dialog. It's was pretty awesome.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 pm

I hate myself for living in germany and thus not being able to watch it like you Americans. But it's good to know that you folks enjoyed it so I guess even with the messed up german synchro it might be nice to watch. :)

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 am

SQ wrote:Like the blood, for instance. Was it just me or did 80% of that blood look like a no-edited AfterEffects preset splatter?
The friend I went to see it with said it might be because they were trying to make this look like a comic book.
Your friend is right. They did as much as they could to copy Miller's typical "blood spatters" from the graphic novel. The movie's book actually explains that they were using three (IIRC) types of splatters, depending on each kill's context.

As for the rock hard nipples, I guess it's because Montreal isn't quite as balmy as Greece, hehe!

Is the grain visible on regular screens too? I noticed it, but thought it was only because I was watching the movie on IMAX...

S.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:52 am

the grain was visable on the regular screen i saw it on... i figured it was just for effect or something

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:44 pm

If anyone cares about the background artwork, this guy made the clouds and parts of it :

http://i-netgrafx.deviantart.com/

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:55 pm

In a very silly development, Iran is angered by the movie, saying that it's "psychological warfare against Tehran and its people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6446183.stm

:lol: :roll:

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:21 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:In a very silly development, Iran is angered by the movie, saying that it's "psychological warfare against Tehran and its people."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6446183.stm
:lol: :roll:
I never would have equated Persia with Iran although I knew it was in that general area. Well, now I know more and I guess I'll I can laugh.

Return to “General Discussion”