AMV Announcements Rules (please read before posting)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
paizuri
Org Profile

AMV Announcements Rules (please read before posting)

Post by paizuri » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 pm

If you are posting a video announcement, links to the video profile of the announced video are appreciated, in addition to your description of the video.

If you are responding to a video announcement, please try to make constructive comments. If you think the video is bad, tell the creator what is wrong with it and how it could be made better. If you didn't bother watching the video, then perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself.

People become better through practice and experience, but peer support and advice can accelerate that improvement. For all you jaded and cynical creators out there, don't forget that at one time or another you were new to editing also.

Appended 12 March 2007:
  • Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist. We will start locking threads that don't meet this minimum criteria.
Appended 17 July 2007:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, collect them all in one post. (if you forget one, you can edit your post) It is unfair to those who spend months on making a video if someone makes 10 new announce threads and monopolizes the front page of the Announcement forum.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:28 pm

Damn thread is gonna be taking up space for ever :D

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:32 pm

Yes, yes it is. 8)
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

paizuri
Org Profile

Attention Attention!!!

Post by paizuri » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:55 am

Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.

Corran
Org Profile

Re: Attention Attention!!!

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:42 pm

paizuri wrote:Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.
Update: We will start locking threads that don't meet this minimum criteria.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:02 pm

See new note in first post.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Ikore
Org Profile

Re: Attention Attention!!!

Post by Ikore » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 pm

paizuri wrote:Also, please reserve your announcement posts to videos that have entries in the catalog. We do not mind if the video link you provide is offsite, but please at least have entered the video into our catalog which is the reason for this site to exist.

Wow really... cool how do i put something in the catalog?
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:31 pm

by going to your members main page and clicking on the button that says enter new video <-(that link will do the same thing)

Neiro
Org Profile

Post by Neiro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi, i'm new here and I am putting my amv on the catalog but do I have to create a new thread for it? I mean, when I will want to put it here that you guys can chek it out or there is already a special thread for that?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:53 pm

How to make a Thread in this forum: (etiquette)
Click the "new topic" button

put in a subject in the subject line

and in the body you want to link to your video, preferably using the Vidid tag.
Give a brief description of your video (or long one if you prefer).
It helps sometimes if you state what kind of feedback you want, though it isn't required.
And a lot of people like to add an "Announcement Poster/Graphic" to their posts, these are also not required, but it will likely get you more downloads if you have a pretty photoshopped picture to go with it all.

then click "preview" to make sure it looks how you want it then click "submit"

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”