An issuse with timing...

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
SunMoonAndSpoon
Org Profile

An issuse with timing...

Post by SunMoonAndSpoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:25 am

Okay, I have never had this problem with WMM, and I don't see anything about it here so if I missed it I'm sorry. Here goes.

The issue is that when I play the whole of what I've made so far back, the timing is just fine. However, when I play from any point that isn't the beginning, the timing is entirely thrown off and the wrong clips are at the wrong words. Essentially it starts the song a good 15 seconds later than it's supposed to be. I don't know which one's RIGHT, is the thing. If the timing's right when I start it then it's okay, but kind of annoying because it means everytime I want to alter a clip I have to replay from the very beginning...WMM has a tendency to freeze when I do that. X_X;

I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

SunMoonAndSpoon
Org Profile

Post by SunMoonAndSpoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 am

Please ignore my inability to spell the name of the tread. It was a typo and there doesn't appear to be an edit function on this forum. o.o

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:35 am

you can ask the mods if you want the title fixed

i think your problem is covered in the sticky anyway - read 1sr FAQ

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:50 am

try rendering the whole thing and see if the timing is still off...

when i had wmm i would render it and then change it then render it again... its a pain... but it worked for the most part for me to tell if its off or not

SunMoonAndSpoon
Org Profile

Post by SunMoonAndSpoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:33 pm

Okay this is going to sound incredibly retarded, but what is rendering/how do you do it?

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:18 pm

rendering is.... well saving your project as the actual video

in wmm, go to file --> save movie file as i believe
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:42 pm

ur problem is probably with ur audio...ive had this problem many times when i would download it from other ppl on ims is ur audio in mp3 format? if so, then convert it to wav with audacity or itunes

SunMoonAndSpoon
Org Profile

Post by SunMoonAndSpoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:16 pm

I thought that could be it, so I tried it with another song that worked perfectly well in a previous project. It has the same problem no matter what.

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:58 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:try rendering the whole thing and see if the timing is still off
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

SunMoonAndSpoon
Org Profile

Post by SunMoonAndSpoon » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:04 pm

The thing is, I can't MAKE it with the timing like that. It's not finished. I can't make it because I don't know which timing to work with, and I'd have to play the whole thing over to edit one clip, which usually freezes the program. So rendering it can't be done until the AMV is MADE, right?

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”