Hellsing Ultimate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:15 pm

paranoia_agent99 wrote:<small>wait, theres a newer version of hellsing?

does anyone know if its going to be longer than the old one?

or if nazi vampiere are going to be in it?

(no joke)
To answer your questions in order: Yes, yes, and yes.

See my avatar. That's a screencap of the Major from the new series.

Episode 1 has already been released in the US... it's about 50 minutes, and finishes up with the first fight with Anderson.

The second episode is also out... it's about 45 minutes, and takes it to the end of the Valentine Bros. storyline (the raid)... which would mean through about episode 6 of the old anime. It's not out in the US yet.

The third episode was scheduled to be released in Japan on Feb. 9, but it's been delayed. No one knows when it'll be out... they haven't released a new scedule.

Hellsing Ultimate is following the mangas a lot more closlely... no more lame Incognito or anything. It's much, MUCH better than the old anime adaptation.

I can't post any torrrent links or anything, but if you Google "Hellsing Ultimate," I'm betting you could probably find it. I bought the first episode as soon as it came out, but I'm not gonna say I don't download the free fansubs when it hasn't made it over here yet... I don't know that I could wait that long! :lol:

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:56 pm

The Japanese official website for Hellsing Ultimate has been updated, and it looks like episode 3 is going to be released in Japan on April 4th. Anyone know the cause for the delay?

And the website has added some screenshots from episode 3. Looks like Iscariot makes their entrance now. The scenes shown are from Integra's meeting with Maxwell in the museum, and Alucard disrupts the conversation with his "How dare you call my master a cow" bit.

With Seras distracting the onlookers O.o

I had to post that, because with the placement of the speech bubbles, it looks like her boobs are talking o.o

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 am

Nope, I don't know the cause for the delay, but I'm glad they're back on track. I can't get enough of Hellsing Ultimate!

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Delay

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:41 pm

According to wikipedia, it was caused because of the delay in the making of the Anderson action figure that is to come with the DVD.

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Re: Delay

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Ishbalan wrote:According to wikipedia, it was caused because of the delay in the making of the Anderson action figure that is to come with the DVD.
If that's the reason, I can't say I'm happy... delay an anime 2 months because of an action figure? BOO!

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:26 pm

Indeed...BOO I SAY.

The OVA is great...though I still feel the TV series had its moments...loved the music.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 pm

The official Japanese site for Ultimate has uploaded a trailer for episode III. Looks like more of the manga characters are getting their overdue animated air time, and we get to see more Insane!Alucard :D Can't wait.

A warning for excess anime blood and violence o.o Alucard go splatter.

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:38 pm

Here's a Youtube link for the trailer for people having trouble with the version on the official site... I kept getting just the sound.

It's all in Japanese with no subs, so I don't know what they're saying (although I've read the manga, and know what happens). I didn't get a sense that it was very cohesive, but it's hard to tell with a 1:40 trailer. Most of the animation and imagery looked good.

I'm looking forward to Episode 3 regardless, that's for sure!

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Well, the next episode is out, although I don't think anyone has fansubbed it yet. I watched it unsubbed, so I didn't know what they were saying, but I had a general idea from reading the manga...

I don't think it was as good as Episode 2... but then I'm very partial to Episode 2 anyway.

My favorite moment had to be Alucard and Anderson in the museum... great stuff.

Man, I can't wait until circa Episode 5 when things really start to get crazy...

bazanime
Org Profile

Post by bazanime » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 pm

I dont like the comedy parts, Seras' "funny" eyes and stuff. I dont mind the new series if they took that out. Anyways, what do i know?! i bet it will be much loved.
"Victory only clears the way for more battles" - Teddy Rosevelt

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”