Dragonforce MEP (Finished & Released)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
EvaFan
Org Profile

Dragonforce MEP (Finished & Released)

Post by EvaFan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 am

Dragonforce is the most popular Power Metal band in the world right now. So I decided to make a tribute to their incredibly fast beats. This mep will feature the most powerful points in their songs without lyrics. In the future I may make another one that focuses on their lyrics but right now their beats are more important.

<B>Rules:</b>
<i>No Hentai
<b>Go crazy with blood and gore if you want</b>
Action animes only
DVD Quality, If your using raws you better be damn talented with avisynth
Deinterlace your footage, If you don't know how yet then you should learn that before joining this.</i>

<B>Due Date:</b>
1st Beta Deadline: July 15th (Expectations are atleast 1/4 segment completion.)
2nd Beta Deadline: August 15th (Expectations are atleast 1/2 Segment completion.)
Final Copy Deadline: September 15th

<b>As you can see I'm in no hurry to rush people to complete their segments, take your time and sync well please. I expect to release the full AMV late september or near the start of November. Depends how long it takes me to do credits.</b>

<B>Final Encode:</b>
Size: 640x480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
fps: 29.97 for sync reasons.
Format: MP4

<b>Final Copies</b>
Get your segments to me in the best quality you can. I'd prefer you use a lossless codec like "Lagarith" and encode to YV12 so its not as big. Upload to a site like Bigupload and PM me the link.
(Please letterbox your videos before getting them to me.)

Here is the full mix: Dragonforce MEP (Full Mix)
(Yes, the opening qoute in the Full Mix will be used on the MEP because its true.)

Just download the full mix and use the timeframes listed below or pick a track and download it seperately by clicking on the Green Text. You can easily listen to them separately using the full mix by placing them on a timeline in premiere and then inserting the timeframes listed all so.

There are 15 tracks total. Here are their lengths and any notes to consider:
<B> Timeframe = Minute:Second:Frame (This includes transitions)</b>
<b> Speed Rating = 1, 2, or 3 stars, with 1 being slowest and 3 being fastest.</b>
<b> Length = Short, Moderate, Long (This will help you to decide on a source with enough action in it to use.)</b>

Track 01 Timeframes = 00:03:15 - 00:33:28 (Final Copy Recieved.)
(Taken: otbwavelength, Anime: Deathnote) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Moderate)
<b>Notes:</b> This track is the opening so I'd prefer you gain their interest quick with something intense and/or flashy.

Track 02 Timeframes = 00:32:28 - 00:53:27 (Final Copy Recieved.)
(Taken: Requiett, Anime: Street Fighter Alpha) - (Speed Rating:***) - (Length: Short)

Track 03 Timeframes = 00:52:27 - 01:39:17 (Final Copy Received / Workin On Credits)
(Taken: Eva-fan, Anime: Jubei2) - (Speed Rating: *) - (Length: Long)

Track 04 Timeframes = 01:38:17 - 02:29:00
(UnTaken) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Long)

Track 05 Timeframes = 02:28:00 - 02:53:02 (Final Copy Recieved.)
(Taken: ShatteredFlame, Anime: rurouni kenshin) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> This track can be claimed with track 06 if this person chooses to. Both track 05 and 06 were split at a Internal transitioning point in the song evenly.

Track 06 Timeframes = 02:52:02 - 03:16:20
(Taken: Savvy_Style, Anime: Shakugan no SHANA) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> Read the notes for track 05.

Track 07 Timeframes = 03:15:28 - 04:05:04 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: CerebralAssamite, Anime: NGE) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Long)

Track 08 Timeframes = 04:04:12 - 04:24:28 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: Ghet, Anime: hellsing ultimate) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> This track has kind of an old western feeling to it, just so you know.

Track 09 Timeframes = 04:24:28 - 04:53:17 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: Knappster, Anime: Cowboy Bebop) - (Speed Rating: *) - (Length: Short)

Track 10 Timeframes = 04:53:17 - 05:48:13 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken:NerdStrudel, Anime:DBZ) - (Speed Rating: * to ***) - (Length: Long)
<b>Notes:</b> This track starts out slow with some huge build up in potential then takes off full force speed wise. Make sure to use this potential... It's important because this is the middle of the amv, need to keep the viewers interest.

Track 11 Timeframes = 05:48:13 - 06:28:02 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: Fadoo_sama, Anime: Yu yu hakusho) - (Speed Rating: ***) - (Length: Moderate)
<b>Notes:</b> This track is similar to track 10, starts out slow with some good build up then becomes a 3 star track speedwise.

Track 12 Timeframes = 06:28:02 - 07:15:23 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: Kevmaster, Anime: Karas) - (Speed Rating: ***) - (Length: Long)

Track 13 Timeframes = 07:15:23 - 07:55:11 (Final Copy Recieved.)
(Taken:servo101010, Anime: Various) - (Speed Rating: ***) - (Length: Moderate)
<b>Notes:</b> This track is extremely fast and keeps its pace through out the whole portion. I wanna say this is the hardest track but thats a matter of opinion. It is probably the most hardest to sync to. Make sure you know what your getting yourself into.

Track 14 Timeframes = 7:54:23 - 8:44:28 (Final Copy Received.)
(Taken:MaximoffZero, Anime:Samurai 7) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Long)
<b>Notes:</b> The end of this track is mainly a build up for the last track.

Track 15 Timeframes = 8:43:28 - 9:07:04 (Final Copy Received)
(Taken: Cast To Stone, Anime: Highlander) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> Ending track try to have a battle that has ended maybe so I can fade it out.

<B>Back-up Editors:</b>
Niwa-kun

<B>Editors:</b>
Eva-fan
NerdStrudel
MaximoffZero
ChronoWraith
CerebralAssamite
Knappster
Fadoo_Sama
otbwavelength
Cast To Stone
Kevmasterflashdeluxe
Ghet
ShatteredFlame
servo101010
Requiett
Savvy_Style

<b>Anime's Taken:</B>
Jubei2
DBZ
Samurai 7
Tsukihime
NGE
Cowboy Bebop
Yu yu hakusho
Deathnote
Highlander
Karas
hellsing ultimate
rurouni kenshin
Street Fighter Alpha
Shakugan no SHANA
Last edited by EvaFan on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:47 am, edited 146 times in total.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:35 am

It's late so I'll upload seperate tracks tomorrow. >_<
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:14 pm

Eva-Fan wrote: Blood and gore is ok but don't go overboard unless someone offers hosting
ngsilver ? :wink:
Eva-Fan wrote:Here is the full mix: Dragonforce_mep_(Full_mix.Mp3.Zip
I cant download :? I tried it twice now and it always says "cant open ZIP-file" when its finished..

Zero Link
Org Profile

Post by Zero Link » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:27 pm

w000t I got a lvl 3 speed rate. ^_^ I can't wait for this.

Stolen Soul
Org Profile

Post by Stolen Soul » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:10 pm

can i take up a track?

preferably something really fast?

once i know what it is ill decide my anime

that is if you'll take me >.>

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:55 am

Stolen Soul wrote:can i take up a track?

preferably something really fast?

once i know what it is ill decide my anime

that is if you'll take me >.>
Of course you can join. You can select whatever track you want. I'll start asking some of the people that offer hosting so that we can have blood and gore. I dunno if NG will allow us or not yet but I will ask.

SSJ3 Son JP, I need to send you an uncompressed wav of your track. I know this is annoying but you will have to realign what you have done allready on the new wav I send you.

I'm sure you allready understand why but i'll tell you anyways. The track in the mix is different from what you have been editing with... It shouldn't be too hard to realign your video with the new sound file cause your opening sync should be easy to place. I'm gonna start uploading seperate tracks now.
Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:I cant download I tried it twice now and it always says "cant open ZIP-file" when its finished..
Do you have a decompressing program like winzip or winrar? Windows XP has a built in one, You should be able to open it. If nothing is working PM me and ill send it to you another way.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:46 am

Yay for double post!

Anyways all the tracks have been uploaded seperately. You can download them now by clicking on the Green Text.

SSJ3 Son Jp make sure to get your new audio file from the link and edit to that.

I have asked NG if we may use his hosting, awaiting his decision. If he chooses yes, I will remove the blood gore limit on this MEP and you can go ballistic with limbs for all i care.

Lastly, don't judge a track's potential by its speed... Some of those tracks that are slower have just as much energy in them :wink:. It all depends on how you edit them.

cycangfx
Org Profile

Re: Dragonforce MEP (Full Mix Available - 18 Tracks Total)

Post by cycangfx » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:34 am

Eva-Fan wrote:Image

Dragonforce is the most popular Power Metal band in the world right now. So I decided to make a tribute to their incredibly fast beats. This mep will feature the most powerful points in their songs without lyrics. In the future I may make another one that focuses on their lyrics but right now their beats are more important.

<B>Rules:</b>
<i>No Hentai
Blood and gore is ok but don't go overboard unless someone offers hosting
Action animes only
DVD Quality, If your using raws you better be damn talented with avisynth
Deinterlace your footage, If you don't know how yet then you should learn that before joining this.</i>

<B>Due Date:</b>
Who the hell cares, these dates are never met anyways. I'm gonna start buging people around june for atleast a beta. I haven't decided on a final date to strive for yet. This will help college people, full time workers, and the such.

<B>Final Encode:</b>
Size: 720x480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
fps: 29.97 for sync reasons.
Format: MP4
(Please letterbox your videos before getting them to me.)

Here is the full mix: Dragonforce_mep_(Full_mix.Mp3.Zip
(Yes, the opening qoute in the Full Mix will be used on the MEP because its true.)

Just download the full mix and use the timeframes listed below or pick a track and download it seperately by clicking on the Green Text. You can easily listen to them separately using the full mix by placing them on a timeline in premiere and then inserting the timeframes listed all so.

There are 18 tracks total. Here are their lengths and any notes to consider:
<B> Timeframe = Minute:Second:Frame (This includes transitions)</b>
<b> Speed Rating = 1, 2, or 3 stars, with 1 being slowest and 3 being fastest.</b>
<b> Length = Short, Moderate, Long (This will help you to decide on a source with enough action in it to use.)</b>

Track 01 Timeframes = 00:03:15 - 00:33:28
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Moderate)
<b>Notes:</b> This track is the opening so I'd prefer you gain their interest quick with something intense and/or flashy.

Track 02 Timeframes = 00:32:28 - 00:53:27
(Taken:SSJ3 Son Jp, Anime: Karas) - (Speed Rating:***) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> I seen your beta allready just keep that fast motion shit up and your track will be great.

Track 03 Timeframes = 00:52:27 - 01:39:17
(Taken: Eva-fan, Anime: Jubei2) - (Speed Rating: *) - (Length: Long)

Track 04 Timeframes = 01:38:17 - 02:29:00
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Long)

Track 05 Timeframes = 02:28:00 - 02:53:02
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: **) - (Length: Short)
<b>Notes:</b> This track can be claimed with track 06 if this person chooses to. Both track 05 and 06 were split at a Internal transitioning point in the song evenly.

Track 06 Timeframes = 02:52:02 - 03:16:20
<b>Notes:</b> Read the notes for track 05.

Track 07 Timeframes = 03:15:28 - 04:05:04

Track 08 Timeframes = 04:04:12 - 04:24:28
<b>Notes:</b> This track has kind of an old western feeling to it, just so you know.

Track 09 Timeframes = 04:24:28 - 04:53:17
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: *) - (Length: Short)

Track 10 Timeframes = 04:53:17 - 05:48:13
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: * to ***) - (Length: Long)
<b>Notes:</b> This track starts out slow with some huge build up in potential then takes off full force speed wise. Make sure to use this potential... It's important because this is the middle of the amv, need to keep the viewers interest.

Track 11 Timeframes = 05:48:13 - 06:28:02
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: ***) - (Length: Moderate)

Track 12 Timeframes = 06:28:02 - 07:15:23
(Untaken Track) - (Speed Rating: ***) - (Length: Long)

Track 13 Timeframes = 07:15:23 - 07:54:10

Track 14 Timeframes = 07:53:10 - 08:23:24

Track 15 Timeframes = 08:22:24 - 09:14:01

Track 16 Timeframes = 09:13:01 - 10:01:19

Track 17 Timeframes = 10:00:19 - 10:51:12
<b>Notes:</b> The end of this track is mainly a build up for the last track.

Track 18 Timeframes = 10:50:12 - 11:13:18
<b>Notes:</b> Ending track try to have a battle that has ended maybe so I can fade it out.

<B>Editors:</b>
Eva-fan
SSJ3 Son Jp

<b>Anime's Taken:</B>
Karas
Jubei2
I'll upload the tracks on direct download if you want, also I am doing your Full mix on direct download right now.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:40 am

Eva-Fan wrote:
Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:I cant download I tried it twice now and it always says "cant open ZIP-file" when its finished..
Do you have a decompressing program like winzip or winrar? Windows XP has a built in one, You should be able to open it. If nothing is working PM me and ill send it to you another way.
Yes, I have winrar AND winzip..maybe it is just this bigupload-website..like Megaupload wont work for Austria this website might wont work for my Region..I dont know...maybe upload it at sendspace.com? :lol:

cycangfx
Org Profile

Post by cycangfx » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:39 am

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:
Eva-Fan wrote:
Yes, I have winrar AND winzip..maybe it is just this bigupload-website..like Megaupload wont work for Austria this website might wont work for my Region..I dont know...maybe upload it at sendspace.com? :lol:
Here it is on direct download for you-

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/21/ ... nforce_MEP_(Full_Mix.mp3

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”