Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

Postby matopants » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 am

Hello,

I'm happy to announce that the 2007 AMV contest at Animaritime is open for submissions!

I realize this is somewhat short notice, but I really hope to see lots of great entries.

The rules can be found here: http://animaritime.mtaanime.org/amvRules.pdf (in pdf format) or at the Animaritime forum here: http://animaritime.mtaanime.org/forums/ ... php?t=1018

We'd prefer for submissions to be mailed in, but if you don't think you can mail it in time or that is inconvenient, other arrangements can be made to submit your AMVs. I'd be glad to answer any questions and help work things out so that everyone who wants to enter, can! So if you have any questions, feel free to email me at: amv@animaritime.mtaanime.org.

Animaritime is taking place from Feb 23rd to Feb 25th, so I just ask that all submissions make it to me by Friday, February 16th, 2007.

Thanks for looking! :D
Last edited by matopants on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matopants

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:43 am

I'll try to finish something new for this ^-^
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Re: Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

Postby Kristyrat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 pm

matopants wrote:Animaritime is taking place from Feb 23rd to Feb 25th, so I just ask that all submissions make it to me by Monday, February 16th, 2007.

February 16 lands on a Friday, but I definately plan on whipping something up :wink:
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby matopants » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:09 pm

Ah, right you are! :oops: I fixed it now... I must have flipped the month to February to check the date, and forgot to change the year! ^^;;

I look forward to seeing your entries! :D
matopants

Postby genestarwind21122 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:39 pm

I'll send in my newest amv. Let me know what you think about the song too. (More details will be on the submission form.)
genestarwind21122

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Wewt, video completed :D
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby matopants » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Yay! :D Can't wait to see them!

The deadline for submissions is in 10 days! :3 If anyone wants to enter but doesn't think they'll have the time to post it (or would just rather not), I'm willing to make other arrangements. I have no problem downloading the AMVs if they've been uploaded somewhere.

If anyone has sent something in but hasn't received confirmation from me, then that means it hasn't arrived yet. As the deadline draws closer, I'd hate to see anyone's videos not make it into the competition because of mailing delays.

Also, good luck to everyone who's entered so far!
matopants

Postby matopants » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 am

The deadline has now passed for this contest.

Thank you to everyone who submitted, and good luck!

The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at the convention, and also online after the convention is over.
matopants

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 pm

How'd the contest go? :o
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby Jayn_Newell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:55 pm

I could have posted this earlier, but I waited for Mato to post the winners on the Animaritime forums first. Anyways...

1st place:[vidID=135890]
2nd place:[vidID=129007]
3rd place:[vidID=128555]

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how many people showed up for the showing. Last year there was maybe 12-15 people who showed up, including myself and three friends. This year, by contrast, the main events room was packed. I am a little dissappointed though that there were no announcements about the videos made at the showing--editor, anime used, music used, spoiler warnings, nothing.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=112826">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=126460">Image</a>
Jayn_Newell

Postby matopants » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:03 pm

We were pressed enough for time as it was, after moving everyone to a bigger room and getting the projector running. I was disappointed that I didn't even get to show all the videos, much less announce all the information about them.

This was my first AMV contest though, and I've never previously even gone as a spectator, so please forgive my shortcomings. I had no idea how to organize the showing. I'm sure someone more competant will be in charge of it next year. Sorry.

Anyway, yes, those were the winners. If you want to email your addresses to me (or anyone else on Animaritime staff), we can mail you your certificates.
matopants

Postby Jayn_Newell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Eh, you're already forgiven. The spoilers were my main issue, but I do know you were pressed for time, especially after the trouble with the projector, so while I'm a touch miffed I understand and don't hold it against you.

BTW, what were the prizes? I wasn't able to stay for the end of the con, so I missed the awards ceremony.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=112826">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=126460">Image</a>
Jayn_Newell

Postby matopants » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:35 pm

First place gets a DVD (I believe it was MADLAX) and a certificate, and second and third get certificates. And bragging rights, of course.
matopants

Postby Fizziks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 pm

Thank you for the award! :D I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. And congrats to Yusf and Jayn_Newell as well.
Fizziks

Postby shumira_chan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Jayn_Newell wrote:The spoilers were my main issue

Hmm... do you close your eyes if it's spoilerish? Just wondering...
How was the rest of the show? Any impressions?
shumira_chan

Next

Return to AMV Contests