These are the rules for Anime Mid Atlantic 2007 AMV Contest unless the con chair says otherwise. I'll be hosting the AMV Contest this year for AMA.
There will be four categories this year.
Upbeat (depending on the submissions)
The top three submissions in each category are voted on by the audience. Our hand-selected panel of judges and the convention chairman choose our special Judge’s favorite and Chairman’s Awards respectively. (I'm also thinking about instead of Best of Show or also having a judges pick for each category. More information on that at a later time.)
Tuesday, May 15th 2007
All entries MUST be submitted no later then this. Any entry arriving after this date will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!!
You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Title of AMV
- Full legal name
- Nickname, if applicable
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Song title(s), artist(s), and recording label(s)
- Name of source video footage
- Name of category you are submitting to
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
To make things easier, we would prefer that you use the naming convention of “Editor’s name – AMV title” to name both your AMV and submission form so that we can make sure to keep them together.
(i.e. “John Smith – My AMV.avi” and “John Smith – My AMV.txt”).
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 frames per second OR 23.976 frames per second with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive)
- 48000 Hz audio
Any of the following encoding formats may be used, provided that they meet the above standards:
- MPEG 1 or 2
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)
1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.
2) Due to issues with formatting, videos encoded using Windows Movie Maker are ineligible. You can download a free 30-day trial of Adobe Premiere Pro from http://adobe.com/support/downloads/
if you need an alternate video editor.
3) A maximum of two submissions per person, one per category is allowed.
4) Entries must not exceed 5:00 minutes running time in length.
5) Submission should be recent work (i.e. made within the last year or so) and that the amv if you submit it should not have won any previous awards before the contest.
6) The following excessive materials are not allowed: nudity, violence, racial or verbal obscenities.
7) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.
7a) Subtitles will only be allowed if you put them in there yourself. If we think that the subtitles are from a fansub we will disqualify your video. (Last year they did not allow any subtitles, but I feel that if your video should use subtitles for some reason or text of any type that you should be allowed to use it as long as we can tell that you did the text yourself otherwise it will be disqualified from the contest.)
8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled out submission form. (see above)
9) Mailed submissions must have your name, phone number, address, and submission information clearly written on the jewel case and the media itself.
10) Mailed submission materials become the property of Anime Mid-Atlantic, and are non-returnable.
11) Only the best quality submissions will be eligible to compete. Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted.
12) Prizes will be presented during closing ceremonies on Sunday. If the contestant is not attending the convention, he/she is responsible for arranging for receipt of their prize at their own expense however, plaques and certificates will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid-Atlantic. All prizes not claimed by June 30, 2007
will become property of the convention.
13) Copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.
14) Anime Mid-Atlantic is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.
15) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason at any time. Although unlikely, rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to your video, we will attempt to contact you.
16) This is a given anybody on the AMV Staff can not submit to this contest but still can have their videos shown as non-competing entries.
Any questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details.
Also we'll be posting the mailing address soon. If you want to submit we'll try to get ftp up but I'll also except any videos that you can upload to yousendit.com and megaupload.com. Just make sure your quality doesn't suffer.
Good luck everybody and hope to see some great videos for this years contest.
Gene Starwind 21122
P.O. Box 2636
Glen Allen, VA 23060