KATSUCON 13 WINNERS

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:52 am

Congrats everyone! :)

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am

TaranT wrote:
Editinghermit wrote:Sigh. . . knew I forgot something. . . links. . . duh. . .

Thanks, TaranT!
No problem. Just taking an opportunity to advertise one of the site's latest features. Read about it here.

Also, since you started this topic, you should be able to edit that typo in the title. Editing is turned on in this forum.

All right! More info goodness! SCORE! Now the subject is spelled correctly! Now instead of looking like an idiot, I'm now an idiot who can both publicly admit AND fix his mistakes!!!

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

turkinolith
Org Profile

Post by turkinolith » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:40 pm

anneke wrote:Thank you for the list. Thank you to those who voted for me. If you were at the convention, I really want to find out what people thought of my video 'Obey the Fist'. It's just a silly little video.

-Anneke
I really enjoyed that video! It got me to go out and finally watch bloodlust.
If you can get it hosted up I'd definitely would like to download it to see again.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:26 pm

:up:

Btw, I was never able to list Katsucon in the Cons section of my video, whoever made the Katsucon entry might want to look at that.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:24 pm

I enjoyed watching the room clear as you played my video. It was a true testament to the state of the hobby, and to the general public's expectations and definition of "quality."

Also, the golden award-thing (which I and others have referred to for years as "The Golden Uggy") is quite disgusting, and I'd prefer not to have that... thing... in my house.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Editinghermit
Org Profile

Post by Editinghermit » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:30 pm

jbone wrote:I enjoyed watching the room clear as you played my video. It was a true testament to the state of the hobby, and to the general public's expectations and definition of "quality."

Also, the golden award-thing (which I and others have referred to for years as "The Golden Uggy") is quite disgusting, and I'd prefer not to have that... thing... in my house.

OMG! Did the room clear while it was playing?! I was watching your vid, and not the audience! :shock:

You want an Uggy! I know you do! When you receive it in the mail, and should you choose to set 'er ablaze in glory, at least take a pic of it so that all of us on the org can relish in its' final moments! :twisted:
Chase your dreams, don't let your dreams chase you.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:51 am

Well besides alot of boring videos the contest was well put together Of course they should also project the videos on the middle screen. Another thing was that three contestants had multiple videos in the same contest I'm not saying these were bad videos (some of them sucked) I wonder how short katsucon was of entries that it couldn't find other videos to fill up some of those spots. There should be a one video per contest rule. I think the best video at the con was Nobody should clap it owned.
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:56 am

[quote="jbone"]I enjoyed watching the room clear as you played my video. It was a true testament to the state of the hobby, and to the general public's expectations and definition of "quality."

That new york thing made me snore Jbone. You should make more videos like your gay bar one.
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:29 pm

Editinghermit wrote:OMG! Did the room clear while it was playing?!
Yes.
Editinghermit wrote:You want an Uggy! I know you do! When you receive it in the mail, and should you choose to set 'er ablaze in glory, at least take a pic of it so that all of us on the org can relish in its' final moments! :twisted:
:shock:
Mroni wrote:That new york thing made me snore
Philistine.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

DeusA2k5
Org Profile

Post by DeusA2k5 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:57 pm

Don't worry, jbone, there were at least a few people in the audience that appreciated New York's Lament. I personally thought it was exceptionally well done and I was really glad that it got Coordinators' Choice at the end of the show. The guy that was sitting next to me was also a huge fan of the video. Every video doesn't have to be straight rip-roaring action or comedy. It was great to see a video entered in the Drama catagory that was actually, well, drama.

Return to “AMV Contests”