No effects Trick?

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:10 pm

Scintilla wrote:You save the .PRX file to the <b>C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles\</b> directory. Then, the next time you open up WMM and try to save a movie file, it should be available as a selectable profile, in the "Other" category (the same category that contains the DV AVI option).

It should give you a file that's about as big as a full-res DVD-compliant MPEG-2 would be.
Where was this when I used WMM? :?
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:16 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:
Scintilla wrote:You save the .PRX file to the <b>C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles\</b> directory. Then, the next time you open up WMM and try to save a movie file, it should be available as a selectable profile, in the "Other" category (the same category that contains the DV AVI option).

It should give you a file that's about as big as a full-res DVD-compliant MPEG-2 would be.
Where was this when I used WMM? :?
I think it was sometime in 2004 when I first saw DownWithPants mention the idea on the forum here; the Last Modified date on my local copy of that profile is in September 2004, and I think I've been hosting it for most of that time. It just doesn't come up very often.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:42 am

Highlight the first minute of your video, copy it, then cut it, save the project under a new name like "vidsections". Open a new project and paste the copied portion into the timeline. Export it as "vidpart1". Go back to "vidsections" and highlight the first minute of the timeline - repeat until you've exported the entire video (probably 3 to 5 pieces depending on how complicated it is). Then look up avisynth scripts and open them in VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod. You can then put the pieces together, attach your audio and compress the vid.

Try exporting to DV-AVI first - open that up in vdub and reattach your audio. See if the sync matches up. If it does, do all your sections in DV-AVI. If the sync is off, export them as "high quality large" wmv files. You can open them just the same in Vdub using the DirectShow filter.

I used to cut all my vids into pieces like that when it came time to export. If you don't like the copy+paste method, you could cut your audio track into pieces instead - and edit each piece in a separate project folder. I just found copying easier.

One thing to note - if you do copy and paste parts of the timeline, make sure you begin and end (the clips you're highlighting) with straight cuts. If you have to clips fading into each other and you only highlight one of them, you'll lose that fade and probably throw off the sync for the rest of the vid.

McDoogle-san
Org Profile

Post by McDoogle-san » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:42 pm

What does it come up with when you try to save it? If it just comes up unable to save with a yellow hazard sign, make sure that every clip can be found. Also i would check to see if you can add any clips to the end of it because i had to reset my clips by saving and placing the video in the the AMV 3 times becuase i had too many clips on it, it could be the same with your effects etc. But i dont know how you would take some away without losing it, unless you delete, save as .wmv, open project again(without saving it) and delete the other half and then save it again as a .wmv.

It could also be the simple fact u dont have anough room on your HDD but thats rare. Make sure there isnt already a file with the same name that your trying to save it as.

khurram
Org Profile

Post by khurram » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:04 pm

I had all of these problems, fixed some but not all :(, try cutting it to half and save half a file and save it to ur comp, then just save the second part of the file then save it to ur comp, then just import the first half then the second half drag all the clips and see if that works.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”