Otakon AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:51 am

Heh, I figured my submission wouldn't get in. Obscure anime, unlikeable band. But, no biggie! Judging by the lineup, the show's gonna be great, and I can't wait to see all the vids. Congrats to all those who made the cut!

Hmmm... at least there's always Shoujocon. :D
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:54 am

MeriC wrote:Heh, I figured my submission wouldn't get in. Obscure anime, unlikeable band. But, no biggie! Judging by the lineup, the show's gonna be great, and I can't wait to see all the vids. Congrats to all those who made the cut!
I dunno how good it'll be. Even shoddy video creators like Lee Sheng managed to get in this year. Perhaps they were hurting for videos in one of the categories.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:58 am

I can't wait to see your reactions to DJ Fritz's video :P

Good luck to all the finalists!
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:03 pm

BogoSort wrote:
I dunno how good it'll be. Even shoddy video creators like Lee Sheng managed to get in this year. Perhaps they were hurting for videos in one of the categories.
Hey, don't be dissing yourself! You've managed to get in the last three years, so you must be doing something right. :P
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:24 pm

It's all in good fun. I try to only diss people who I know can take it. And I'm pretty sure that I'm pretty much immune to any insults that I levy at myself.

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:41 pm

Perhaps they were hurting for videos in one of the categories.
if its anything like last year, the upbeat category may be just what your describing, i mean it wasnt bad last year, jsut the other categories seemed to have much better vids

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:42 pm

grr we need an edit button...on the email, there were percentages for which categories got the most submission, and if i rembmer correctly upbeat had the least (i think...)

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:47 pm

BaHaRa wrote:if its anything like last year, the upbeat category may be just what your describing, i mean it wasnt bad last year, jsut the other categories seemed to have much better vids
Exactly my point. My video last year got into the Upbeat category, and you can see how that turned out. ;)

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jul 15, 2002 1:57 pm

Creators are one thing . . . . Videos are another :arrow:

Good job to everyone who made it - Looking forward to hearing about it. Expectations are high for this contest so it should be a pretty good show.

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:00 pm

grayplague wrote:Im just glad that mine is a finalist. Its a huge load of my shoulders ^_^
I just downloaded and watched your entry. Nice video. If this is the quality standard of the AMV entries for this years contest then I don't fell so bad, that mine didn't make it in. Not that I think mine is of lesser quality.. maybe it is, or maybe not.. I'm not really one to judge my own video.
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

Return to “AMV Contests”