Newsletter interviews

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:50 pm

Yeah, for a second there I was like "HAIWAIT. This sounds familiar!"

"Any advice for other editors" I probably would've said this, though(taken directly from my journal entry I referenced to earlier):

"Other than that, I am co-editor on some projects, now. With Chrish Rish. He's in IMDb. Nothing spectacular, but look him up anyway if you're interested.
I am also head editor on this movie called "The Kidnapping". Again, AMVs allowed me to do this. So you guys who want to go somewhere, make good AMVs, and make them readily available.

Having a MySpace, as despicable as you may think it is, actually helps. And customizing your MySpace intrigues people. http://myspace.com/sqamv it is just a big fat div, but it fools most people into thinking I'm some sort of webdesign master and has helped me out.

Speaking of that, don't bother using the latest codecs or anything. If you want a job, encode to something everyone has. And suck it up about the quality. If you are showing someone video right there in a daily conversation, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT VIDEO QUALITY. As long as there ar eno subs, logos, and you can tell what's going on, a wmv re-encoded to a flash video file will be fine. That is what has gotten me where I am right now. So you anal video quality bitches can stfu. It's only needed if you're expecting to go to someplace other than a computer monitor.

Anyways, I'm procrastinating like whoa on things. But I have solidified my camera plans, and there will be a much nicer camera coming along with me at AWA this year. So look out for it.

It won't be a steadicam/shouldercam, but it will be nice enough."

and as for the AWA docs, if this year's goes well I'll look into getting press passes for AWA and other conventions. Hell, if I got a private interview with Amano because of MySpace at MetroCon, I could probably pull something equally impressive at Yaoicon... If I can pull money out of my ass for the airfare. And hotel stay. D:

----

But you raise a good point. I think interviews though are for people who simply don't know. Like, I never knew that stuff about JCD(aside from that he founded a-m-v.de). I'm sure I could've learned it given five minutes to talk to him, but if I were a normal person I'd be too afraid to do that, him being "famous" and all.

ANd admit it, you only picked me because all my answers were RIGHT THERE. D: D:
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Image

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Hey TJ, castortroy.net is down.

I was just too lazy to PM you, so yeah.
StandardQuip

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:03 pm

Yeah, I know. I was lazy and only changed the image link :uhoh:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:58 am

SQ wrote:and as for the AWA docs, if this year's goes well I'll look into getting press passes for AWA and other conventions.
If I can get a press pass to AWA and the majority of conventions in the Midwest, I'm sure you can too.
ImageImageImageImage

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:10 am

I'm sure I could get a press pass now, but I already bought my ticket and if I'm too lazy to edit the doc, then I lost my press privileges forever.
Plus; I'd actually have to give them the doc. XD
StandardQuip

Return to “General Discussion”