freezes in the middle of making one!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 am

*sighs* frackin' double post.

option 1 doesn't really 'fix' the problem it just takes long and you can make more changes before it crashes again.
sorry heads not screwed on right 2 knight
new banzors in the making :p

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 am

autraya wrote:
autraya wrote: The way to fix this is to either:
2. stop using videos with the wrong codec types (I'll list them when I find the other threads that talk about them)
And here it is :wink:
CrackTheSky wrote: DON'T EDIT WITH DIVX/XVID-ENCODED CLIPS!!!!

Problem solved.

get the AMVapp. Then, use VirtualDubMod to convert your files to either Lagarith or HuffYUV. You'll probably want to read this guide to learn how, and you should read it anyway because it'll save you a lot of trouble.
I think I'll add.zip to this list too.
well i try virtualdub,mod and lagarith, cinerella, huffyuv and even AMVapp stilll not working but I try to find some video editing and other stuff in google and I find this:
Free DVD Video Software I use this for editing too!
Free Codecs All in ONE I use this for decoding some of my video even in my WMM any kind of video format.
Blaze Media Pro This is Audio and Video Editing Converter I can say it's all in one can do a stream too if you want.

It's up to you if you want to try and it's really gud program I can say. <_< did I say bad in here, hope it's not "_" :?

Karasu_1476
Org Profile

Post by Karasu_1476 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:37 pm

Well, that's certainly a bummer. I had hoped to see "just install more space or ram" or something. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one fighting with the stupid program. I also use Sonic and Nero but somehow they just don't really perform in a way I'm comfortable with. I use them if I'm desiring a specific effect or lettering effect. But, they seem just too uncomfortable or difficult to manipulate to use more than on small occassions for small clips [which I later upload into Movie Maker].

I actually have no problems creating clips but it's more work than it's worth to build a whole video. WMM was my prefered choice since it was so easy to use. I always had a problem with it locking or freezing and other whacky malfunctions. At first, it only happened on occassions and after a stream of me cussing at the computer and calming down for a few minutes, it would cooperate for an extensive amount of time. I was actually able to complete 3 or 4 AMV's when I was first playing with it [I'll spare you those vids when I start uploading cuz they are horrible]. However, since I've been wanting to add to my personal collection of home made AMV's...WMM has been a real bunghole to work with. It's been over 2 months now and I've still not completed EITHER of my vids that I've been trying to work on. It just freezes so much. I know the clips are good as I've used them countless times before on my other 39/40 acceptable [personal opinion] videos I've made.

I suppose I should just invest in those stress balls, soda and chocolate to ease the stress of annoying freezing. =cries= You'd think if this was a common problem, WMM would provide a much more efficient update....or...have they?
If Thou Presumeth to Flirt With Spirits; Thou Shalt Join Them

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:59 pm

well :roll: that's the thing I don't know and beside I guess I don't want to know as for now since mine is not terrible freezing or crashing as always do. Still I can bear it as long as it is not a crapy at all.

Like what someone told me "WMM it's really sux and buggy" (I forget who is the one say that) in some way though everyone here still using WMM. And if someone really hate WMM well i can't blame them since they have use this program long time ago :D

Well I say this is very common problem of WMM and I think so as you say but it's really matter to me as long my WMM is sitll working fine in my Laptop.

......... no sweat ;)

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 pm

well one time when i was working on wmm which was a long time ago it kept freezing too especially on playback, but then when i decreases the volume on my sound it freezed less frequently idk it may just be me...

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:40 pm

RIPmyprsoul wrote:well one time when i was working on wmm which was a long time ago it kept freezing too especially on playback, but then when i decreases the volume on my sound it freezed less frequently idk it may just be me...
:lol: yeah I remember that thread but your pretty lucky to have gud playback in WMM when you only adjusted your volume.

Wish mine is like that though I know it can not come true :lol:

XDDD

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:11 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:
RIPmyprsoul wrote:well one time when i was working on wmm which was a long time ago it kept freezing too especially on playback, but then when i decreases the volume on my sound it freezed less frequently idk it may just be me...
:lol: yeah I remember that thread but your pretty lucky to have gud playback in WMM when you only adjusted your volume.

Wish mine is like that though I know it can not come true :lol:

XDDD
Haha yes i thought i replied to that thread a long time ago lucky me i guess :)

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:14 am

:lol: I guess so but when I got time to look more the old post I give you the of your thread :lol:

Karasu_1476 wrote:I had hoped to see "just install more space or ram" or something. But, I'm glad I'm not the only one fighting with the stupid program.
well everyone who use WMM can get that too not only you :D try to be patience when your making AMV or editing something. As I can say too you can learn more how to get your thread of patience longer in other stuff ;)

SuperSaiyanCannibal
Org Profile

Post by SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:27 pm

I've had problems with WMM since the second time I used it. It seemed to do the whole "this program is not responding" thing after I saved my first video. Now it does it all time, so I save my projects about every three minutes or so.

WMM is a half way decent program, I just wish they'd fix the bugs in it. There's just so many of them. And the program itself is just sketchy all it's own, might as well spend money on a better editing program then dealing with the free one that doesn't even work like it should half the time.

SuperSaiyanCannibal
Org Profile

Post by SuperSaiyanCannibal » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:30 pm

..LOL. But when you think about it, it's actually a good thing. You learn how to deal with crashing editing programs. :D :D :D

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”