WMM: HELP!!! - Codec problem

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:59 am

Just did a test - threw a bunch of clips from just wmv files... seemed to be going okay, then it still closed on me.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:03 am

Ok.. when your going to convert your .avi in Vdub into huffyuv get the necessary clips (like that you think if that's will sync in the audio of your clips or so...) then check your WMM if there's a huge file imported on your collections tab.

So you remove those imported clips in wmm then the problem is still there :?

I may guess on it.... did you try to play back the clips in your wmm? If so it will close automatically because wmm can *only* handle small amount of huffyuv file.

Then as I will say *Do not play/playback the clips in the time line* on wmm with the song or audio. It won't going to sync well it will play a couple of sec then it will stop the BLUE guide bar but the song still playing in wmm. Or like what happen to you it will close just like that. Instead try to play it in the place where it is or try to play it in the player you have got in your PC but if you have VCL much better or Media Player too...... then cut the clips if you think other clips won't fit in the song and so on....

Then after that don't put all the clips in the timeline it will closed that too instead add the clips in the timeline less 3mins or 2mins because as I can see in mine wmm won't accept more it freeze or closed it. Then save it "SAVE as....." this part is very hard for me as i can say I don't know to you if you got more space but if not try to check it first before you save the clips.

Then try those as I say if not tell me more what error you have got in your WMM. ;)

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:09 am

pinky75910 wrote:Just did a test - threw a bunch of clips from just wmv files... seemed to be going okay, then it still closed on me.
yeah it does that... crappy program :cry:
new banzors in the making :p

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:20 pm

or instead of encoding entire episodes you could just encode small parts of the episodes in vdub (using mark in and mark out, the two triangle-ish buttons on the right)

this way you eliminate a lot of the material that you won't use (and give wmm a fighting chance), you also get frame accuracy (at least as frame-accurate as your source.

I remember reading that WMM's timtline can only get down to 15 frames (as opposed to premiere which can get down to frame-by-frame)
this can cause orphan frames, you do the best that wmm can...but wmm sucks

you're going to make small clips sometime in the amv making proocess, why not do it in a program that can actually do what you want.

Ch3aLs3A L!n@
Org Profile

Post by Ch3aLs3A L!n@ » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:52 am

Don't use big encoded clips it will keep you crashing all the time as it happen to me everytime I try to make AMV in wmm that for sure.

Kariudo in your last sentence it confuse me but I agree that wmm SUX as hell as if cannot find the source why it does happen always :?

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:13 am

Okay, WMM isn't crappy, it's just very sensitive to codecs. Go to this site to learn how to turn off the codecs that upset it and to avoid attaching codecs to it that will screw it over.

I've been using WMM for ages; I now have Windows Media Center. WMM is updated in it, but I still had to fix the codecs. Don't worry, anyone can do this.

http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-Acce ... odecs.html

Just read and rename as needed.

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Hey! Thanks WhiteAsh I thinkI need that one too ^_^ since I got Window Media Center :lol:

I did knw that so guess try to read all of those, thanks again ;)

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:55 am

Hmm.. That's odd, somehow I wasn't being notified of new posts. Not entirely sure what everyone is suggesting - I really have no idea how to encode things, and just a scene at a time? Eee...

Ya think it might work better if I delete and reimport everything?

Whiteash, there are codecs that mess up WMM? I'll have to check out your site. Thanks.

I could work with WMM fine before this codec thing. Could any of these other downloads messed it up somehow? I've never had this much trouble with it before.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:44 am

Yeah as I can say you need the right codec (bcuz those comment before didn't work fine) for your video that can also fit in WMM is like FFDShow or CCCP and other but you can not use both of them it will freeze your WMM I tried that before. ;)

I would say remove all the codec you installed in your PC then get the right codec whatever you have kind video format so it will work. Then for editing use Vdub or VdubMod and the rest you know ;)

Though if someone suggest the AMVapp I say it wouldn't work in my wmm and my other player :(

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:57 am

You don't even have to go that far, though it helps. Just follow the instructions on the papajohn website!!

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”