premiere's resize

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Myouh
Org Profile

premiere's resize

Post by Myouh » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:11 am

just wanted to know if the realignment in premiere's special processing exportation settings is also a way of resizing?
and please is it really important to have a multiple of 16 in the size as it's said in the guide? (is it important for MPEG2 incodes as well?)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm

I have no idea what Premiere's "special processing" settings are, but yes, having your dimensions be both multiples of 16 is important, for any YV12 codec that's DCT-based -- and that includes MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP (3ivX/XviD/DivX/etc.), MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Myouh
Org Profile

Post by Myouh » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:52 am

in premiere 6.5:

file\export movie\settings\special processing\modify

now you must be in premiere's realignement windows i'm talking about.
here you can choose the dimensions of the video you're exporting, but in a "weird" way: you have parts of the image that are just ignored and won't be exported, this is very useful to get rid of subtitles, but is it really good for resizing (it let's you resize while having the same image quality as the source, but parts of the image will be croped). that's what i wanted to know.

Return to “Adobe Software”