Movie Edit Pro 11

rwgirl
Org Profile

Movie Edit Pro 11

Post by rwgirl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi! I need some help with this software.

Okay, I went to Best Buy and I found the Movie Edit Pro 11 software. I've read what it has and what it can do. Now, I need to know some things.

1. For anyone that has burned anime DVDs with this software, does it burn the whole DVD or can you pick out what scenes you want to burn? :?

2. Also, when you do burn the anime DVDs, can you transport the scenes that you burned on the DVD to the software for when you create your AMV?

That's all I need to know^^ Thanks :)
My passion for anime

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:37 pm

i don't actually know much about it, and i've never used it.
some very good editors use it though. off the top of my head, koopiskeva, willen, ileia.

my studios running a contest right now though, with the prize being magic movie edit pro 11
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=76080
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:05 am

I've never used the program's DVD burning functions, so I can't comment on that.

I can tell you that it will accept the VOB files from a DVD as footage for editing directly (assuming you ripped it to your hard drive with something like DVD Decrypter), although I recommend the method EADFAG describes since you can get better results, especially with older anime. Most anime require at least a bit of prep work before editing (de-interlacing, cleaning, sharpening, etc.). Some of the processing can be done later, but stuff like de-interlacing should be done first, especially if you intend to slow down or speed up the footage.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

808-buma
Org Profile

Re: Movie Edit Pro 11

Post by 808-buma » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:14 am

rwgirl wrote:Hi! I need some help with this software.

Okay, I went to Best Buy and I found the Movie Edit Pro 11 software. I've read what it has and what it can do. Now, I need to know some things.

1. For anyone that has burned anime DVDs with this software, does it burn the whole DVD or can you pick out what scenes you want to burn? :?

2. Also, when you do burn the anime DVDs, can you transport the scenes that you burned on the DVD to the software for when you create your AMV?

That's all I need to know^^ Thanks :)
okay from what I'm reading from your first question, I think that you are either trying to burn pre-existing video files onto a dvd (like stuff you've downloaded or, whatever), or you're mixing up the term 'burn' (to transfer data from your computer to a dvd) with the term 'rip' (to transfer data from a dvd to your computer).

If you wanted to do the former, I suggest using another program (like Nero) as although Magix MEP 11 can do this, I think that it is clunky for this type of work. For the latter, I do not think that MEP 11 is capable of ripping data off of a produced dvd (like anime dvds) as there is copy protection on the discs.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Yeah, the burning sucks. I agree with Buma, go for Nero instead. I wouldn't use Magix for anything other than editing.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

rwgirl
Org Profile

Post by rwgirl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:03 pm

[quote="808-buma"]
okay from what I'm reading from your first question, I think that you are either trying to burn pre-existing video files onto a dvd (like stuff you've downloaded or, whatever), or you're mixing up the term 'burn' (to transfer data from your computer to a dvd) with the term 'rip' (to transfer data from a dvd to your computer).

If you wanted to do the former, I suggest using another program (like Nero) as although Magix MEP 11 can do this, I think that it is clunky for this type of work. For the latter, I do not think that MEP 11 is capable of ripping data off of a produced dvd (like anime dvds) as there is copy protection on the discs.[/quote]

Actually, the anime I want to use is a DVD that I've purchased. It hasn't been downloaded off of anywhere.

So basically you're saying is that I should use Nero for copying the anime DVDs? Cause I have that on my laptop^^ Okay, I'll give that a try. :D :up:

Now, that leads to my second question. All I need to know is that, when I do copy my anime DVD's, is it possible for the scenes that I want to use can be tranfered from the copy DVD to the software? :?

Thanks so much for your help everyone, I just need to know the anwser that one question and I'll be happier than a cat getting 5 pieces of tuna^^ :wink:
My passion for anime

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:19 pm

rwgirl wrote: So basically you're saying is that I should use Nero for copying the anime DVDs? Cause I have that on my laptop^^ Okay, I'll give that a try. :D :up:
No. You said you wanted to burn something. burning something involves taking files from your computer and putting them onto a writable media like a CD or DVD. you want to do the exact opposite. that's not burning at all, that's ripping. there are plenty of guides and help topics around here that explain this concept. I'd read them if i were you.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

rwgirl
Org Profile

Post by rwgirl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:33 pm

[quote="BasharOfTheAges"]No. You said you wanted to burn something. burning something involves taking files from your computer and putting them onto a writable media like a CD or DVD. you want to do the exact opposite. that's not burning at all, that's ripping. there are plenty of guides and help topics around here that explain this concept. I'd read them if i were you.[/quote]

Oh, okay thanks^^ :up:

Just asking, when there are video fils with VOB at the end, should I use that file for ripping or burning? :? Like I said, just asking^^
My passion for anime

Return to “Video Editing Software”