bittorrent and WMM problem!!!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
vinyaya
Org Profile

bittorrent and WMM problem!!!

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:50 pm

hey, I just finished a vid with bittorrent files in WMM, and everything was working out smoothly until I tried to save the file after which an error report came up...can anyone tell me whats the problem?!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 pm

how can you make a video from "bittorrent" files?

O.o or are you talking fansubs?

youre going to have to give more details than that:

1. what does the error say?
2. are your files encoded with DIVX or XVID?

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:24 pm

i mean that i downloaded files using bittorrent and used them as w.mv files and no i dont think they needed a codec

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Can put/add here what error say when your saving your files?

and if that Divx/Xivd your doing in WMM here for you:
Scintilla wrote:<a href="http://www.amvwiki.org/index.php/DivX_E ... ntuse2.gif[/img]</a>

in "Microsoft Windows Movie Maker".
I use bittorent also in other of my source clip or I say one of my anime is funsubs but mostly they divx/xvid.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm

its not that theres an error report coming up, its just that when it starts to save, it says 200+ mins left and then a window comes up saying "encountered a problem, must close" or "dr watson post mortem debugger" comes up

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:40 pm

That's it freezing on you. It happens sometimes but if it keeps happening you might have to install a newer version of WMM. o.o
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Try to updated your PC in Microsoft Window Update and it's here Security and Update.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:55 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:Try to updated your PC in Microsoft Window Update and it's here Security and Update.
You can also set your computer to automatically take updates. This is what I do, but even when I did so, when I used to use WMM I still had crashes that happened when i a)opened the program b)dropped things in the timeline or c) when I tried to render, so you still might have to just re-install WMM.

Unless it is crashing because you have to many files imported.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

BlaCk_PeArL_27
Org Profile

Post by BlaCk_PeArL_27 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:07 pm

kikai_saigono wrote:You can also set your computer to automatically take updates. This is what I do, but even when I did so, when I used to use WMM I still had crashes that happened when i a)opened the program b)dropped things in the timeline or c) when I tried to render, so you still might have to just re-install WMM.

Unless it is crashing because you have to many files imported.
Well just I give her option if not necessarily to re-install the WMM but sometimes it help to update window and also if she got SP2 even WMM will updated also.

The freezing situation can help if she update it first then if that's not worth she can re-install the WMM as you said.

vinyaya
Org Profile

Post by vinyaya » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:20 pm

thnx a lot u guys, that just might be the problem ^^ i have a ton of imported files, which must bog WMM down...so should i delete some or move them to a new location?
btw do u have an idea where i can download a newer version?

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”