Reading Material?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Crime & Human Nature, I just finished Your Resume Sucks, The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind(I've read it multiple times. <333), and of course my heap of textbooks.

I got halfway through Crime & Human Nature but I borrowed it, and I gave it back the last time I visited Georgia. It was a really awesome book. I loved it. I miss it. =(
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:27 pm

SQ wrote:The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind(I've read it multiple times. <333),
I've started Phantom but can't really get into it yet. The last few books have been really terrible :evil: At least there's only one more left to go.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:45 pm

SQ wrote:The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind(I've read it multiple times. <333)
In case you didn't hear yet.
Goodkind's site wrote:Sam Raimi, best known as the director of the hugely successful SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN II films, and his producing partner Joshua Donen, have optioned film rights for Terry Goodkind’s enormously popular bestselling SWORD OF TRUTH adventure series, published by Tor Books. [...]

Raimi and Donen hope to begin production of the opening mini-series, WIZARD’S FIRST RULE, within the next year, to be followed by ensuing volumes of the epic novels. The development process will begin while Raimi completes SPIDER-MAN III. Definitive word on the production will be available in early 2007.
:o
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:08 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OMGGGGGGGGGG

DREAM COME FRICKEN' TRUE
StandardQuip

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Actually, speaking of stories -> movies, just re-read 1408, one of my favourite short stories of King's, in celebration of the upcoming film release with John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson :o

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:30 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:I went back and reread a couple of Piers Anthony's Xanth books, which I absolutely adored when I was younger..
I never read those ones....But I absolutely loved his Incarnations of Immortality series.
I still need to buy them :\

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:34 pm

SQ wrote:YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OMGGGGGGGGGG

DREAM COME FRICKEN' TRUE
You and me both. I remember back when Wizard's First Rule came out, my brothers and I all waited to read it. Oldest first, then older, and me last. All three of us had it finished in 5 days.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 pm

Dude, when the harry potter movies came out I was like ''This is such a joke. Goodkind's stuff would be WAY better".

I didn't understand why nobody was picking it up. But I went to his website that you linked(I didn't know he had a site XD) and it said he had turned down multiple offers, so that gave me at least some shred of relief that people hadn't noticed how awesome his books are.

I really hope the mini-series is awesome. Like. The Blank room awesome.
StandardQuip

starcat09
Org Profile

Post by starcat09 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 pm

Robin McKinley - Love her work. I just re-read Spindle's End and Rose Daughter. =) Part of what dragged me back into the fairy tales thing. <_<; I haven't tried Damar but now I'm curious.

As far as differences between Discworld and others - you're right, there really isn't. (I just happen to like some of the other characters that don't show up in the Tiffany Aching books.)

Ellen Datlow sounds familiar...yep, she worked on The Green Man and The Faery Reel. :D Both good collections of fairy stories, though young-adult oriented. They're still good reads though. I'm trying to find her other anthologies as it seems she has very good taste.

Thanks for the links to the short-story links. :D I'll read those when I actually have time.

I've read the Goodkind series of books a bit over halfway through. Then neither the library nor the local bookstores had them and I lost interest...those books are long. I'm no stranger to long books, but I just can't read ten in a row. x_X I might pick them up again later, again - when I have time.

Short story anthologies are my new thing. Firebirds is it right now.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:11 am

Excluding manga, i usually read exclusivly Terry Brooks novels. Though the last book i read was Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean something. Weird book, smart and well thought up but way too much emotional stuff for my liking. Needed more action, though there was a hawt rape scene where she gets done by a cave man. :P
Now i'm reading "super speed reading secrets" cuz i'm a slow ass reader. :x

Return to “General Discussion”