Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:30 am

aerialesque wrote:If I were to choose between any other of the FF games, that would be the one I would pick. ;)

*waves FF8 flags and cheers~*

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:45 am

*has just re-read first post and noticed the "rock-based instrumental" bit.*

Mmkay, Van Helsing isn't working anyway. I'm going to fool around with the Advent Children OST, if none of that works I can take an instrumental bit from one of the bands in my Metal folder.

Just so I'm clear, say if I use a minute-long instrumental from oh, Nightwish. If I don't include any lyrics or backup vocals and it's just the instrumental, all is well, right?

No, I won't be using Nightwish. Just an example.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:07 am

TakefujiYami-sama wrote:Just so I'm clear, say if I use a minute-long instrumental from oh, Nightwish. If I don't include any lyrics or backup vocals and it's just the instrumental, all is well, right?
dj_ultima wrote:Please avoid any songs with lyrics, although I probably won’t freak out if there’s a stray lyricless voice in the background.
In other words, yeah, that's cool with me. I'm actually expecting that some folks might take excerpts - the "middle parts" - from songs with lyrics. If you manage to snag a section without a voice entirely, awesome. If not, I won't have a heart attack.

- Jen

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:14 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:In other words, yeah, that's cool with me. I'm actually expecting that some folks might take excerpts - the "middle parts" - from songs with lyrics. If you manage to snag a section without a voice entirely, awesome. If not, I won't have a heart attack.

Awesome :up: Because I think I'd like to give March of Mephisto by Kamelot a go.

As for the project intro, is there a particular song you'd like to start the project off with? I have a good bunch of music at my disposal, so if you leave it up to me it won't be a problem. But I would like to know any intro/outro preferences you have.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:25 am

TakefujiYami-sama wrote:As for the project intro, is there a particular song you'd like to start the project off with? I have a good bunch of music at my disposal, so if you leave it up to me it won't be a problem. But I would like to know any intro/outro preferences you have.
Ah... about that. The intro and my track use the same song. "Path" by Apocalyptica has a terrific thirty second lead-up in the beginning that will flow right into my track. I figured that that would solve the problem of trying to find an "Intro" and a "Track 1" that sounded good together. That's also why I asked for a ten second lossless clip of everyone's favorite scene from the game they're using. If my idea pans out, I should be able to edit the intro myself and it will be a smooth transition between the sections. I'll give you the .wav of "Path" tomorrow, Take. It's sleepy sleepy time for now. z_z

- Jen

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:27 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Ah... about that. The intro and my track use the same song. "Path" by Apocalyptica has a terrific thirty second lead-up in the beginning that will flow right into my track. I figured that that would solve the problem of trying to find an "Intro" and a "Track 1" that sounded good together. That's also why I asked for a ten second lossless clip of everyone's favorite scene from the game they're using. If my idea pans out, I should be able to edit the intro myself and it will be a smooth transition between the sections. I'll give you the .wav of "Path" tomorrow, Take. It's sleepy sleepy time for now. z_z

Apocalyptica o.o Forgot about them. Path, while on the overused side, is still a good song, and the intro works fine. Don't worry about sending me the file, I can rip it from my own CD. All you'll need to do is let me know where to crop the song so it'll flow into the next track.

*offers blankey* Night night~

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:48 am

dj_ultima_the_great,
one day you're going to reply to at least one of the two pm's I sent you. Right?

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Re: Project FMV: Official Thread

Post by dowhatnow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote: I would love to have another beta tester besides myself, if anyone wants to offer.
I wouldn't mind volunteering my services.

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:48 am

Oooh would i be able to get my hands on Track 10?

Game: Silent Hill 2 or Halo 1 (Slightly undecided, it will depend on my song choice)
Song: I will have to listen to my Zune a bit more. I'll get back to you soon!
Segment Length: Around a minute... i assume?

(is this a good enough sign up?)

---

Also i'm happy to offer myself to be a BETA-Tester too, if you need.
OropherZero wrote:I'm surprised it's working out, when I made Project RPG MEP suggestion months ago which is practically the same as this I got no response. Anyway good luck with this project, I might have a go using Suikoden 5 or Drakengard FMVs... I'll let you know when I decide, since I have both sources ready right now.
Heh, its totally because Dj Ultima's hot.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Take wrote:All you'll need to do is let me know where to crop the song so it'll flow into the next track.
Okay, if you have the CD, then that's awesome. Less work for me. ^_~ For track length, the song will run from the beginning to 1:42 (you'll hear a really definitive break in the song right there, so it'll be easy to cut). That's encompassing both the intro (the first thirty seconds) and my track (the remaining 1:12).

@sayde: done and done. :P

@jonnkakarotto: then welcome aboard!

@bluetrain: sure, you can have Track 10, but whoever ends the project is dependent on how Take does the mix. Whoever has the song that makes the best ending for the mix will be the one with the last track. And yup, I'll accept that for the sign-up criteria. Also, welcome aboard the beta team! The three of us should be sufficient for beta testing, I think. Near the end, I'll probably do a crappy compression with a low filesize so I can easily send the completed project to everyone for one last beta test. That way, all of the participants can see if anything is wrong.
Heh, its totally because Dj Ultima's hot.
If only. :lol:

I'll be updating the first post to reflect the changes now. As always, let me know if there are any other concerns.

- Jen

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”