Audio Bitrate is causing Video Problems for me in Priemire

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:48 am

You are probably better off converting these episodes or making clips.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=76592

If you cannot because of hard drive space issues (or will not) then here's an addendum to Scintilla's guide to removing audio (this is for VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1):

Select Streams in the menu. Click on Stream list. A window will open up showing you the Available streams. Select the audio stream you wish to remove (this should highlight the selection), and click the Disable button at the lower right corner. Repeat for any additional audio (there shouldn't be any, but you never know...).

Continue on...
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Ok. I've got a few bits of information, so I'll give it in a list.

1. I did the VideoDub thing, and converted the full episode to Lagarith Lossless (I, as the topic aptly put it, posses HD up the wazoo. At least enough to have 37 Gig taken up for a couple weeks.) However, with the Audio purposely turned off (I'll get to that in a minute) What I got was 24 minutes of the first frame of that episode. However, I was able to get that into Adobe Premiere, so we're on the right track.

2.I believe that the reason this is happening is because of something I mentioned earlier. As I said, VideoDub doesn't play the raw all the way through. It plays the Audio, should the Audio be turned on, but the only video Change comes from when I either Press the Play button (after moving the place to play from) or pressing the stop button. Beyond that, I see no video.

3. Here is how I turned the Audio off, and how the stream list looks to me. http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amvhelpvk0.png

What I did was, first I clicked the Audio speaker Icon, which was greyed out, and then I clicked the whole thing, which got a bunch of black diagonal lines. I know this isn't exactly what I was told, but it was the only option I could see at the time.

M.H.A.Q.S.
Org Profile

Post by M.H.A.Q.S. » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Brokenangelus wrote:
M.H.A.Q.S. wrote:Can there be a way on this forum that whoever is to post a problem relating to Adobe Premiere and WMM not opening DivX movies gets to see the ultimate signature banner!!!! >_>.

DON'T IMPORT DIVX MOVIES INTO PRIMIERE. They won't work, and i'm not shouting, im just trying to make it more clearer. :roll:
>_< Sorry, Sorry. I didn't even know they were DIVX till now.

I guess I need new RAWs then. Great...*begins hunting*
Hey, I didn't mean to be rude :) . I just get bored of people asking the same question on many forums I visit. No hard feelings. OK, now to the problem again.

I think you will be better off splitting the audio from the video. Google for Audio and video splitting programs. Even VCDCutter can do a good job ;). Ulead has progams for this.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:14 am

Brokenangelus wrote:Ok. I've got a few bits of information, so I'll give it in a list.

1. I did the VideoDub thing, and converted the full episode to Lagarith Lossless (I, as the topic aptly put it, posses HD up the wazoo. At least enough to have 37 Gig taken up for a couple weeks.) However, with the Audio purposely turned off (I'll get to that in a minute) What I got was 24 minutes of the first frame of that episode. However, I was able to get that into Adobe Premiere, so we're on the right track.
Strange, but let's move on for now.
Brokenangelus wrote:2.I believe that the reason this is happening is because of something I mentioned earlier. As I said, VideoDub doesn't play the raw all the way through. It plays the Audio, should the Audio be turned on, but the only video Change comes from when I either Press the Play button (after moving the place to play from) or pressing the stop button. Beyond that, I see no video.
So if you move the slider at the bottom, the picture doesn't change (if there is a picture at all)?
Brokenangelus wrote:3. Here is how I turned the Audio off, and how the stream list looks to me. http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amvhelpvk0.png

What I did was, first I clicked the Audio speaker Icon, which was greyed out, and then I clicked the whole thing, which got a bunch of black diagonal lines. I know this isn't exactly what I was told, but it was the only option I could see at the time.
The black diagonal lines mean that the audio stream is disabled. Clicking OK or the X to close the window confirms the changes and whatever new file you create from VDM should be video only.

As for the other issues you mentioned, it is possible that you have conflicts with your installed codecs. I'm a proponent of 'leaner is meaner' and avoid codec packs like K-Lite. I recommend a simpler solution like CCCP.

Something you may wish to try is to use AviSynth and open the video into VDM through its DirectShowSource() function. You can do this in VDM (if you have AviSynth installed) by clicking File, then Open video file via AviSynth..., change the Template: to DirectShowSource, then select your video and Open.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:16 am

Maybe the file is just damaged? O.o

Brokenangelus
Org Profile

Post by Brokenangelus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:34 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:Maybe the file is just damaged? O.o
No, The file plays just fine when I actually watch it...

I'll try your Advice Willen, when I'm less dead-ass tired, and see how it goes. oh, and no. The picture doesn't change from moving the slider. Only when I press play. (I checked. It doesn't change from pressing stop.)

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:37 am

whats the frame rate of the vid file? - (in VDUB, file->file infomation) - i got a feeling.

Return to “Adobe Software”