Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
matopants
Org Profile

Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

Post by matopants » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 am

Hello,

I'm happy to announce that the 2007 AMV contest at Animaritime is open for submissions!

I realize this is somewhat short notice, but I really hope to see lots of great entries.

The rules can be found here: http://animaritime.mtaanime.org/amvRules.pdf (in pdf format) or at the Animaritime forum here: http://animaritime.mtaanime.org/forums/ ... php?t=1018

We'd prefer for submissions to be mailed in, but if you don't think you can mail it in time or that is inconvenient, other arrangements can be made to submit your AMVs. I'd be glad to answer any questions and help work things out so that everyone who wants to enter, can! So if you have any questions, feel free to email me at: amv@animaritime.mtaanime.org.

Animaritime is taking place from Feb 23rd to Feb 25th, so I just ask that all submissions make it to me by Friday, February 16th, 2007.

Thanks for looking! :D
Last edited by matopants on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:43 am

I'll try to finish something new for this ^-^

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Re: Animaritime 2007 AMV contest

Post by Kristyrat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 pm

matopants wrote: Animaritime is taking place from Feb 23rd to Feb 25th, so I just ask that all submissions make it to me by Monday, February 16th, 2007.
February 16 lands on a Friday, but I definately plan on whipping something up :wink:

matopants
Org Profile

Post by matopants » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:09 pm

Ah, right you are! :oops: I fixed it now... I must have flipped the month to February to check the date, and forgot to change the year! ^^;;

I look forward to seeing your entries! :D

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:39 pm

I'll send in my newest amv. Let me know what you think about the song too. (More details will be on the submission form.)

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Wewt, video completed :D

matopants
Org Profile

Post by matopants » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:53 pm

Yay! :D Can't wait to see them!

The deadline for submissions is in 10 days! :3 If anyone wants to enter but doesn't think they'll have the time to post it (or would just rather not), I'm willing to make other arrangements. I have no problem downloading the AMVs if they've been uploaded somewhere.

If anyone has sent something in but hasn't received confirmation from me, then that means it hasn't arrived yet. As the deadline draws closer, I'd hate to see anyone's videos not make it into the competition because of mailing delays.

Also, good luck to everyone who's entered so far!

matopants
Org Profile

Post by matopants » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 am

The deadline has now passed for this contest.

Thank you to everyone who submitted, and good luck!

The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at the convention, and also online after the convention is over.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 pm

How'd the contest go? :o

Jayn_Newell
Org Profile

Post by Jayn_Newell » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:55 pm

I could have posted this earlier, but I waited for Mato to post the winners on the Animaritime forums first. Anyways...

1st place:
2nd place:
3rd place:

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how many people showed up for the showing. Last year there was maybe 12-15 people who showed up, including myself and three friends. This year, by contrast, the main events room was packed. I am a little dissappointed though that there were no announcements about the videos made at the showing--editor, anime used, music used, spoiler warnings, nothing.

Return to “AMV Contests”