Odd disk full issue

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Odd disk full issue

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:19 am

Ok so I just finished my video, it'sfive minutes long. I know Adobe Premiere can't render a file that large without crashing on me so I rendered it into five seperate parts that I created an avisynth script for to put back together. Trouble is now everytime I render it with just hte new script inserted it tells me disk full (I have 20 gigs free so there is no way that this is the case) even if I'm rendering it in divx or Xvid (though I'm trying to render a final copy in huffy.)

Trying to run the script through Vdub doesn't work either. I know it's not a scripting issue as I can load the script just fine, I just can't get the video to render.

Thanks.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Re: Odd disk full issue

Post by Sierra Lorna » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Ok so I just finished my video, it'sfive minutes long. I know Adobe Premiere can't render a file that large without crashing on me so I rendered it into five seperate parts that I created an avisynth script for to put back together. Trouble is now everytime I render it with just hte new script inserted it tells me disk full (I have 20 gigs free so there is no way that this is the case) even if I'm rendering it in divx or Xvid (though I'm trying to render a final copy in huffy.)

Trying to run the script through Vdub doesn't work either. I know it's not a scripting issue as I can load the script just fine, I just can't get the video to render.

Thanks.
Try putting the sections back together with Virtualdub instead, by using the "Append AVI Segment" option, then save that as a Huffyuv. If that doesn't work, try re-rendering each of the files from Premiere again--one of them may be corrupted or somehow different from the others.
ImageImage

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:23 am

Uhm... Premiere really shouldn't be crashing when you try to export a 5min video. You might want to address THAT problem instead. o_O

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:42 am

Actually I resolved the problem before I checked this again. It fixed when I ran it through Vdub a second time (don't know why it didn't work the first).

And yeah, for lord knows what reason when I try to render in Premiere at anything better than Divx it will crash whenever the video length is above one and a half minutes. It's been doing that for a while so since then I just render one minute segments and create a new avisynth file that strings them together.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Adobe Software”